Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ya I will wash and scrub everything before I put in the tank. Have to wait to set up the tank till after the remodel though. Gunna take it outside and fill it up to check for leaks before I store it.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I agree about the leds vs t5's. I just switched my 180g back to t5's. I burned all my coral even on thelowest setting and corals just didnt do well under them. :-( I tried them but didnt like the leds. It's just a personal preference I guess. Though I will be paying more for new bulbs every year I think thats the way I will go for the immediate future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Thats a lot of light I hope you got the dimmable lol. I'd stay away from the crushed coral it tends to be large size grains that trap a lot of detritus. It needs to be cleaned a lot.

Iv'e found a fine grain of sand keeps any debris on the surface where the water movement washes it into the sump.

Im using pool filter sand in my 180 right now and love it It dont blow around and is fine enough grain that my gobies sift it with no problem

Good choice on the skimmer

I'm hanging the canopy on pulleys using a brace I made in the attic so even if I still have too much light on my lowest settings I can lift them farther from the tank it's mainly to help me when I service it but just realized it can be of double purpose now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

So just measured the tank. And its a hundred gallon not a 150. The measurements the guy gave me of the tank where wrong. Was gonna measure it myself before i bought it but forgot the tapemeasure at home. Its a bummer but for the price and the extras Iit came with still worth it.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hate when people do that. On the bright side the set up cost will be less

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ya thats true. And now I can look forward to the day I upgade again. Next time to a 200 maybe. Still a beautiful tank though. Cant wait to set it up. Looking into what to put into it while I wait.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm envious still twice the size of my largest, the skys the limit on stocking ideas ENJOY the journey!!!

Tags
advise, gallon, set up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com