Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
200gal tank and chromis

im just going though the cycle in my 200 gallon to be reef tank... i have about 120lbs of LR atm.... planning to add more later and either make sure its cycled at the LFS or at home if i have to..... can be done either way..

how many chromis would look good for a nice sized shoal? and will different chromis shoal together? say 3 blue 3 green and 3 black bar? and how early can i introduce them in you opinion as i would like to put them in soon even though my cycle still has about a week left (i know i know dont rush but it cant be helped:P) as they are nice and hardy....

any opinions/help would be appreciated

p.s. any cool ideas of some original fish i can get for my tank? as i can have most special ordered for me

200 gal reef with mainly euphyllia corals and peaceful fish
w/ 70 gal seahorse fuge.
4enzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 5 in my 75 and they school nicely. In a 200 I would go with 5or 7 as I have read they are kept best in odd #s. They are very hardy, but I would wait until you are sure the cycle is complete.

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote

chromis, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com