20g no skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
too many attachments on the forum, you joined in 2012 so time to delete some old threads lol

Hey we go.
img_2680272_0_1889379eb79e2efdefe7e2a25bbd4694.jpg

I just curious. I have a 20g. Right now I have a royal gramma. I wanted to get a pair of clowns. My LFS said that the tanks to small for a pair. What everybody's else opinion on that?

I just curious. I have a 20g. Right now I have a royal gramma. I wanted to get a pair of clowns. My LFS said that the tanks to small for a pair. What everybody's else opinion on that?

I'm about to put a pair in my setup I don't think it's problem to put them in there.

I have a pair of clowns and a goby/pistol shrimp pair in mine with no issue (had a gramma, but he went belly up during a prolonged power failure :( ).

The key is:
1. Don't overfeed. I feed mine every other day.
2. Do 3-4 gallon PWCs *every week*. Do not skip them. Log all of your water parameters before each test so you can see a trend.
3. In the beginning, I tested about every 2-3 days, just to make sure things weren't getting too far out of whack.
4. Top off. Don't let the water drop too much. Salinity and pollutant concentrations will go up quickly. I add about a quart every other day. Use an ATO if you have one.

Make sure you have plenty of circulation (I have 2 Koralia 425s in my tank plus a 150gph HOB for Purigen), live rock (I've got 20+ lbs) and live sand (I've got 30lbs).

Back
Top Bottom