20g stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a 20gallon set up for a while now (almost a year) and i want to do something new to it. all i have is a damsel. which im getting ready to sell back to the lfs for some store credit. then im going to rinse all my live rock because it made my tank go crazy with the algea because it wasnt cured when i put it in almost a month ago.
i was just wondering what are some cool ideas that i could/should do with my 20 gallon. (20lbs lr. bakpak2r. penguin 330.)

I like fire fish, they could go in a 20 gal. What about starting a nano reef with it?

Good choices include:
Firefish
Smaller clownfish like true and false perculas
Smaller cardinalfish
Lots of different gobies (clown, shrimp/watchman, neon, etc.)

IMO, don't rinse the rock. leave it alone. algea growth is caused my excess nutrients (what's in your water change water? topoff water? are you using a RODI?). Sure, your cycle from the LR could have led to nitrate, but your water changes should take care of that.

I agree don't rinse the rock. It's not gonna help get rid of the algae if the problem still exists in the tank. (water) Do more water changes with RO water and see if that helps.

Other fish to consider would be basslets, jawfish and some blennies.

i have been using ro water and i also use oceanic salt mix. which i have heard can cause more algae growth in some cases.

also if i start a nano reef, do i need any additional hardware. or will my current set up work fine for it

Back
Top Bottom