Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
20g tall build

I have recently changed my tank Into a saltwater tank. I have 16 lbs of live rock. Opinions on that please. I am still working on fish. Don't know if I should get amonoe opinions on that please. Thanks.

Belladog0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Add a few more pounds of live rocks and get a powerhead or circulation pump. Dont get anomone until you are comfortable with basic saltwater care.

Please look into skimmers. There are HOB skimmers if you cannot get a sump.

Kind Regards,
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
are you already cycled? whats your filtration? what type of tank will this be (reef, fowlr, seahorse..)?

i really dont think you should have a anemone until at least a year. within a year all of your parameters should be stable and you will be familiar with everything you need to do. why do you want an anemone? if it is for a clown, i wouldnt get it and instead i would get a coral. they can host corals that look like anemones.

cant wait to see how this turns out! good luck
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anenome are get very large and don't he restricted growth traits if in a small tank I would advise against anemones in small tanks unless you are going to upgrade in future
Jakobe thunderz is offline   Reply With Quote

20 gallon, build, tall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com