Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

20g transfer to 135g. When can i put it all in.

My tank is up and running now how long should I wait to put my live rock from my other tank in. My salinity And PH are perfect. There will be no die off of the live rock.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

if both tanks are up and running right now with the "same" water, just pull it out and put it in the new tank, so long as you dont have any stock in the new tank, if you do, take out some water into a bucket of your old tank water, that way you can submerge the rock and just twist and shake it under water to get all the junk and settled stuff off the rock so it wont cloud your new tank at all, if your not too worried about this at all, just pull the rock and scape your new tank.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
if both tanks are up and running right now with the "same" water, just pull it out and put it in the new tank, so long as you dont have any stock in the new tank, if you do, take out some water into a bucket of your old tank water, that way you can submerge the rock and just twist and shake it under water to get all the junk and settled stuff off the rock so it wont cloud your new tank at all, if your not too worried about this at all, just pull the rock and scape your new tank.
i do not have any livestock in the new tank. Just rock that cured a few months ago. I will acclimate the fish.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

if your sure theres not going to be die off, then just chunk in the rock, why wait.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
if your sure theres not going to be die off, then just chunk in the rock, why wait.
it will only Benoit of the water for 10 seconds. That's not any time for die off. Do I have to acclimate the rock? Just dawned on me.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnypro View Post
it will only Benoit of the water for 10 seconds. That's not any time for die off. Do I have to acclimate the rock? Just dawned on me.
no, the rock is "live" rock but its not "alive" persay, just put it in, no worries.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

companies ship their live rock with wet newspaper draped over it. as long as the rock is damp, it should be ok. being as to how youre going from one tank to the other, you wont experience much of anything...especially in a 135
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
companies ship their live rock with wet newspaper draped over it. as long as the rock is damp, it should be ok. being as to how youre going from one tank to the other, you wont experience much of anything...especially in a 135
Well I only have 4 fish , tux urchin coral banded shrimp and a few crabs locally caught. What about a mini cycle. Am I going to have one?
Old 10-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I am going to say no. 2 reasons being 1) its a huge volume of water, so it can absorb water chemistry swings better. And 2) you are going from established tank to the 125. Also the only thing youll prob see is the new tank adjusting to its own levels. Im sure its levels wont settle at exactly the same as your current tank, other than that youll e fine
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
I am going to say no. 2 reasons being 1) its a huge volume of water, so it can absorb water chemistry swings better. And 2) you are going from established tank to the 125. Also the only thing youll prob see is the new tank adjusting to its own levels. Im sure its levels wont settle at exactly the same as your current tank, other than that youll e fine
you know I just realized I have two 300 W heaters and my temperature actually is not at 78 anymore and staying at 72.5. Might have t0 get another one.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com