210 fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And looks like I'll be updating the stock list in the morning. Gf has made a list of everything she likes. She is looking at liveaquaria. And it's already 2 pages long. And she just food the wyswyg section and it's growing even more. Lol

Sleeperr34 said:
Yea she just sat Down and started putting them together and I'm giving her free rain to it. And she busted it out fast. I was shocked. Just need to get sone poxy to help hold a couple pieces. And prob will do alot together that way since we r going more of a natural rout for our Morey in her and don't want him moving things. Lol

Use putty because if you ever need to change rockwork you can undo the pieces by applying pressure. But you'll need to chip the rock if you use epoxy

Going to the Lfs today while I'm at work to pick some up.

Now was wondering one thing. Right now I have PVC pipe ran for my Morey. But tue way the new rock is going to be set up should have lots of little caves and opening. So should I just leave it a natural cave system for him or try to work in the PVC pipe again?

Got the ro/di unit up and running. Still need to hook up the auto shut off and get a better place for the trash can to be at and not in my hallway. But mainly just wanted to make sure it worked.

Attachments

• image-1194388807.jpg
    image-1194388807.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2929122420.jpg
    image-2929122420.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 105
Thanks. Very scared with this set up. A lot of money is going into it. And I'm starting to freak out. Little bit.

It's ok, don't worry about it as much. Youre doing the best you can and youre learning along the way. i know I couldnt sleep for days before I setup my first sump I was so nervous. LOL

I've since gotten over that but now I'm stressing out bad about working with a predrilled tank. It's always soemthing. LOL

Yea I understand that. This one is drilled as well and starting to get worried about some of the parts.

But the plan for today is to get the dry rock in the tank and set up. Then I will worry about the piping for this thing.

And will need help with the stocking list I was given. Will post it as soon as I can. But I know we want a reef and not sure if the fish my gf picked r going to be good for a reef or even good with eachother. So will need help with sone of them. Lol

Post away when youre ready, thats what we are all here for. :)

I am going to be working on the plumbing first then the rock. isnce that is my biggest concern. lol I'm dreading it and looking forward toit all at the same time.
hehe

you guys are going to do fine with the plumbing just snug your bulkheads and then tighten to stop leaks, isnt that what you learned on your other sump carey?

i dig the concern over such a big tank. but your doing such a great job. so dont fret too much.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but it's just in my nature to worry I guess. I know my b/f isn't happy with yet ANOTHER tank especially since moeny is tight right now. Just adds to my stress level, if anything were togo wrong I know there'd be heck to pay. But I;m gonna go slow and steady on this one, no quickie here.

Ok. So here is the list of fish. She is letting me do a reef so I'm letting her pick all the fish. Now we r wanting fish coral and inverts. So if some of these will not work well with others please let me know. Will be reading up on them as well.

Fish....
Blue reef chromis
Canam blenny
Firefish (dartfish). Purple firefish
Naso tang
Zebra barred dartfish
Court jester goby
Catalina goby
Orange stripe prawn goby
Carpenters flasher wrasse
Longnose hawkfish
Potters angelfish
Blueline angelfish
Linear blenny
Orange throat pikeblenny
Tail spot blenny
Golf signal blenny (black)
Saddle back butterflyfish
Jewel damselfish
Blue sapphire damselfish
Splendid dottyback
Engineer goby
Pink bar goby
Black cap jawfish
Blue dot jawfish
Cleaner common wrasse
Longfin fairy wrasse
Whip fin fairy wrasse
Marine beta
Mystery wrasse
Fanbelly filefish
Spotted sailfin
Tiger Tuka anthias
Midus blenny
Zebra Morey

Inverts.

Banded coral shrimp
Blood red fire shrimp
Blue tuxedo urchin
Blue and pink sea star
Serpent sea star. Fancy tiger stripes
Marble sea star
Harlequin shrimp
Debelius reef lobster
Halloween urchin

Coral.

Feather duster
Frogspawn
Tounge coral
Green sinularia
Crown leather
Plate coral
Pavona coral
Wall hammer
Carnation tree
Spiral wire
Flower tree
Pink and yellow tunicale cluster
Aussie balanophyllia
Smooth leaf kelp
Orange tree gorgorian
Yellow finger gorgonian
Green fluorescent mushrooms
Brain worm. Platygyra. Lobophyllia
Bubble coral. Pearl
Fox coral
Fireside acropora coral
White palm palm Xenia coral
Spiny cup pectinia
Elegance coral
Hammy/anchor coral

Um yea. Good god. For some one that said she doesn't like reef fish she sure did find a long list of one she wants.

Oh yea. In the tank we have

1- white spotted Toby
1- half black angel
2- cleaner shrimp
2- peppermint shrimp
1- arrow crab
1- sand starfish
1- porcelain crab
1- Morey eel. Don't know the type but is 2ft long and mostly gray in color. Hard to get a good pic of him.

Attachments

• image-1451472932.jpg
    image-1451472932.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3759422339.jpg
    image-3759422339.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 102
most of those fish will be eaten by the eel.
i would also consider removing that substrate for something finer. nitrates are going to be a problem with that large substrate.

Going to be a lot finer in the 210. That's a pic of him in my 55. And I though he would eat them as well. But he has ignored everything in the tank. Even the puff and angel and nipped at food while he is eating it and he doesn't bother them and even let's the cleaners clean him. After he eats and seems like he likes it.

Just a matter of time in my opinion. But you might have better luck when you get the 210 up and running. :)

oh...here i go coming in in the middle of things..so the 210 isn't constructed yet? what did we touch on so far...fine substrate...how about the lighting?
a skimmer?

Back
Top Bottom