24 gal Aquapod vs 29 gal Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsreptiles

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am considering the 24 gal aquapod with a 70W HQI 14,000 light or a 29gal Biocube with the compact fluorescent lights.

I have heard that the filtration system is by far better on the biocube, but the 70W HQI Sunpod light that comes with the aquapod is better.

What are the main differences in the lighting. What can you do with one that you cant do with the other? Do they both serve the same function?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would go with the 70w HQI setup you could keep almost anything you want under that light. Filtration is something that you will get many different answers from but personally, the only filtration you need is 2x lbs of live rock per gallon, heavy flow with regular pwcs and you should be smooth sailing.

In a tank that size it is great to mod it to have a fuge. There is alot of info on this on the net. You should not choose based on filtration because most of them need a little alteration for a reef. i.e. comes with bioballs-remove add LR rubble.....

Back
Top Bottom