24 gallon nano lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am a newbie and having a hard time figuring out what type of lighting to get. Since it is my first tank I do not plan on getting too complex. I want a reef and am fine with soft coral and some LPS towards the top of the rock. I am looking at Marineland's 18" reef capable LED fixture. Does anyone have any experience with this fixture or advice?
Thanks

I have this thread in the general forum, wasn't sure where to put it.

that should be fine but you might get more of a spot light effect with dark spots. maybe go with the larger lighting and see how that goes

if you're into DIY projects you can look into doing a retro fit kit from www.rapidled.com

By larger do you mean physically larger or retrofitting more wattage? I was looking at this fixture because I am kind of on a budget.

how long is your tank i have a 25 gallon 2ft long and i got the 24inch marineland

hmm if its 18 inches then scratch that i thought it would be a 24".

the LEDs are very spot lighty as far as i've seen but you should be good with low-mid light corals

its actually not spotty at all in my tank but my tank is not too deep and has a bow front. Additionally, with the proper placement it can work well but if you have the resources as well as the time a diy led system is prob the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom