2400 Liter wall Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bernardo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I am staring a new project and need your advise
I need Advise regardig building a 2400 L wall Aquarium
1 Should I use Acrilic and if so what diameter?
2 What Type of Filtering ( I currently have Berlin System)

:D :D :D
Thank you very much

Honestly, you scare a lot of people off with the whole metric thing, so in order to help facilitate comments, 2400 L would equal approx. 634 gallons.

My advice...have someone else build it. That is a lot of hydro pressure to account for. As for filtering, you're going to basically need a professional setup, I will defer this to our professional store keepers.

Thanks
I have a 100 Gallon set up already, and I am building my house and live by the ocean, so it is a Chalenge i know but i like the idea of buying the materials myself and doing this task.

Typically the problem most people find is with seams in acrylic. I am no expert, so I will defer, but I would spend a lot of time looking up acrylic molding online.

As an experienced mechanical engineer I build a lot of things. Big budget stuff at work and small budget stuff at home. Frankly, with questions that fundamental, I would never attempt a build that critical without serious, expert help.

600+ gallons of water will not only destroy your home, but it could serious injure or kill a person if you had a failure. Not to mention losing many thousands of dollars. Not only do you need a professional to build the tank, you need a civil engineer to analyze the support for the tank. At about 64#/cu-ft, you're supporting an enormous weight. Your home insurance policy will need serious restructuring as well. Sure hope you don't take this lightly.

WOW that is unbelievable!!! the only thing that could top that would be to turn a swimming pool into a reef.
8O

The thing that really gets me about the 850g tank. He does a 165g water change once a month.

That is unbelivable man it looks like the ocean in his gallery....Wish i had the bling bling..$$$ to do that! WOW 8O I wonder where he had the tank made?

Absolutely stunning. How do you go to work with a tank like that in the house?

Back
Top Bottom