25 gal FO stocking question and/or suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rsquared333

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was recently able to obtain an 25 gal tank 36 x 10.5 x 16.5 (L x W x H) and a 10 gal for next to nothing. My question is whether this would be sufficent enough for a dwarf lionfish species FO tank I would like to have one as they are beautiful and are full of personality.

This is what the setup would proably look like:

Tank: 25 gal

Lighting: stock lights

Protien Skimmer: aqua c remora

Heater: 100 watt

Filtration: Live rock (20-35 lbs including rock in fuge) and live sand (3"-4") Live rock and Microalgae in fuge

Sump/Fuge: 10 gal fuge
10 gal sump

Water Movement: Closed loop with SCWD

Water: RO/DI

if so what cleaners and or clean up crew could I have with it. If this would not be enough room what kind of FO fish could I have in it, I am looking for a FO predator tank I know this might be hard as it is such a small tank but my bigger tank is a reef and I don't want to disrupt it.

any and all comments, suggestions, or critcizims would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you I don't plan on grabing the fish and the sting is like a more powerful bee sting according to my friend who had one and only made the mistake of getting stung once in 3 years so far.

IMHO i do not think any dwarf species of lion fish should be kept in anything smaller than 45gal beacuase of how the fish's fins come out. You may be able to get away with it in a 25gal.

If u do plan on doing it i wouldn't be too worried about being stung unless ur alergic to bees and wasps.

HTH

I am not set on this I am just throwing this idea out to get a feel for it. Thank you for the info I would hate to restrict the fish like that and I wouldn't want to push it. Has anyone else had any experience with dwarf lionfish maybe Fu Manchu lionfish as they reach only 4" according to liveaquaria.com

a 25gal is not large enough for a 4" fish. In that tank I'd suggest a pair of clownfish, probably percs for false percs.
Stick to fish less than 3".

Back
Top Bottom