Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to silverain420 Send a message via Yahoo to silverain420
25 gallon reef ready...

Hello everyone. I am purchasing a new aquarium next weekend and since I value everyone's opinion so much - I would like some help planning inhabitants. I currently only have a FOWLR 12 gallon w/3 green chromis, a purple firefish, and a pearly jawfish. I definately want to move the jawfish over... maybe everything, I still don't know. Whatever I get, I prefer peaceful and vividly colorful inhabitants. Maybe a royal gramma, the jawfish and live corals? As far as corals go, I perfer soft corals, but need something ok for a beginner. That said, I am a beginner who does LOTS of research before I purchase anything. Just ask reefrunner and fishfreek (I had them look at the tank specs first before I commited, plus surfed the net on my own to find as much as I could!) So let the suggestions begin... I am open to any suggestions, be they peaceful or not. (I would really like a flame angel, but hear they may wreak havoc on corals)

Check this site out for particulars on the aquarium:

http://amekaaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...oduct_Code=LT3

Thanks in advance!

--A life without ecstacy is not true life, and not worth living. -Eliot Cowan--
silverain420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
IMO, I would move the Green Chromis to the bigger tank. They appreciate a lot of swimming room and while they may be ok in a 12, I think they would be happier in the 25. And they won't bother your corals. I would say maybe make the 25 gal :

3 Green Chromis
Jawfish
And if you like angels, maybe a pygmy angel. I hear they are ok with corals most of the time.

In the 12 you could leave the Firefish and maybe add a little Bi-Color Blenny. They are so cool!

There are a few thoughts.

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to silverain420 Send a message via Yahoo to silverain420
That's kind of what I was thinking too... (about the chromis). I'm going to cycle the tank with LR and a cup of sand from my 12 gallon. Then maybe move the chromis and the jawfish at the same time? I'll start researching some pygmy angels, do you happen to have any good links?

Keep it coming guys...

Thanks.

--A life without ecstacy is not true life, and not worth living. -Eliot Cowan--
silverain420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
Really the only one I have heard is usually good is the Cherub Angel.

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_...=21&pCatId=455

All the others tend to nip. But I think the Cherub is pretty good in a reef.

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25 gallon, 5 gallon, reef, reef ready

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com