26 Gal SW or 90 Gal SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmartin71

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone, I am converting my FW 26gal to a Saltwater tank. I am unsure about using live rock or coral yet. But here is what I do know. I want to make it only clownfish. But I know that you can't really mix clownfish unless you have lots of space. So that brings me to my next dilemma. I also have a 90 gal FW tank that is up and running as well. So I have been kicking the idea around to make that an African Cichlid table and fill it with lots of colors and build cool rock castle inside for them to hide and swim. But one of my friends said make the small one cichlids and do a big saltwater reef tank with 10-12 cardinal fish ssome damsels and then a 5"-6" Blue Tang as the centerpiece.

Confused on what to do Help!!!

Well it depends on what you want really. Bigger is usually better(but more expensive) for sw but you can make a nice nano reef out of the 26 with a pair of clowns. Cichlid choices are pretty limited in a 26 gallon imo but so is sw unless you like clowns(you do!).

It really depends on what YOU want to keep and how much you want to spend!

Back
Top Bottom