28 gal update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benni

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright here we go I think that every thing is going good i filled the tank add my sand and some live rock plus my piece of shirp over the last week my amonia spiked at 1.5 ppm and now has dropped to .5. My nitrites have come up to 10 ppm and are still on the rise. I still haven't seen a shift in the nirates. I know that in freshwater this usually takes two to three weeks for the amonia to spike and drop is this normal?

You are getting there. As soon as the nitrites hit 0, it is safe to say you are cycled. If the rock was cured when you got it, your cycle should go a little faster.

We want picture!!! or just me??
haha you r almost there~ there is not actually a period for the cycle IMO (I know usually people said 30days), it really depend on your system and how your tank bacteria grow. all my cycles didn't last 30days, I have one that hit nitrate in a week.

I would love to to do pctures for you guys but i'm kinda techno retarded. so I don't know how

HI Benni...

For photos, do you have a digital camera or cell phone that has a digital camera feature?

yeah i have all my photos stored on my computer but i'm not sure what to do from there

click "go advanced" in the reply box, then click the icon that looks like a paper clip in the box that comes up... once you do, a pop up will come up with an option to browse... click browse, find the folder where your picture is, click upload, once you do, it will sit there for a minute, then you can hit "preview" and it will let you look at how your reply will look, once youre happy with it, click submit, and we can see the pictures :)

IMG00003-20090927-2133.jpg

IMG00004-20090927-2134.jpg

IMG00005-20090927-2134.jpg

Ok heres the tank and the two pieces of live rock that I had the money to purchase. after these pictures were taken. the guys at petco gave me the rock that some zoopolyps were on. I cleaned off everything that was dead and added the rock to the tank I had a piece break off and low and behold it sprang up with little bitty polyps. I think that there is six total on this little guy and i will get pictures up as soon as i have time to take more.

Back
Top Bottom