28 nano cube stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
when I get sell one of my freshwater tanks, I am going to buy a 28 gallon nano cube. I am going to make it a reef and am trying to think of a stocking list for it. so far im thinking of a maroon clownfish in there, is there anything I could put with that?

You should check out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums they have the minimum tank sizes as well as care for each fish or invert. :)

maroon clownfish by the way are said to be the most aggressive clown out there. You might have trouble putting anything else in a 28g tank with a maroon clown.

If you pick fish wisely you should be able to keep about 4 fish total. But they would have to be small and compatible with each other. You can mix things up a bit by getting a fish that occupies the mid water level like a clown, a goby that perches on rock and maybe a small blenny that perches and swims about. :)

I can tell you what I have in my 29g biocube. BUT first I have to say I am way overstocked in this tank. Do not follow by example. LOL I am in the process of getting a 60g cube for the cube's upgrade.
Anyways, I have
2 b&w clowns they swim everywhere and keep the tank active, so good mid level swimmy fish.
1 citron goby- percher and swims here and there
1 yellow watcheman goby- stays in his hidey hole usaully half out and just watching stuff.
A firefish goby- active multi level swimmy fish
i also have a scooter dragonet and a mandarin dragonet.

In your tank I would probably get the firefish, a pair of clowns and maybe a shrimp goby with a pistol shrimp.

Inverts is where I would go crazy. lol I currently have 3 peppermint shrimp, a cleaner shrimp, an emerald crab, 1 turbo snail, 15 nassarius snails, 5 or so hermits and a couple other snails.

Great advice, as always.... :thanks:

I'm in the same boat. Been around FW & FOLWR's pretty much most of my life, but with all the tech advances, I've been researcing a 28g Nano to learn corals. Still have to have some fishy activity in the tank, though...:D My plan was a pair of clowns & a firefish.

Back
Top Bottom