28G nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NickM1989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've decided to start a nano reef. This is my first time with SW. Just looking for tips. My tank has been running for 3 months so far and I have a torch, a spotted mandrain some hermit crabs and a sea slug. Looking for tips to keep algae under control. As you can see from the photo, it's all over my live rock and sand bed

Attachments

• image-1483927816.jpg
    image-1483927816.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 97
So I've decided to start a nano reef. This is my first time with SW. Just looking for tips. My tank has been running for 3 months so far and I have a torch, a spotted mandrain some hermit crabs and a sea slug. Looking for tips to keep algae under control. As you can see from the photo, it's all over my live rock and sand bed

Looks like diatoms. New tanks undergo a stage called the uglies that can last 6-12 months. What your seeing is normal in my opinion. Best thing you can do is keep up on weekly 10-20% waterchanges and remove the algae as you can. In time it will go away, not something to worry too much about at this stage. Make sure your not overfeeding also

Ok thanks a lot. Also another question, what would be beginner/nano friendly corals?

Go on to liveaquaria.com and under corals they have a beginners corals section.

Back
Top Bottom