Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

28gal nano CuC?

Looking for some input for a CuC for a 28gal nano. I dont want anything that could hurt coral because I plan on getting some. I wouldnt mind getting a shrimp in part of my CuC either.

I was looking at this..how does it look?

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Quick Crew (29 Gallon)

Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Reef cleaners is great but they go crazy with recommending cuc. LOL
I usually go with half what is listed. Might even be cheaper for you to build your own crew.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

In my 28 I have a couple of and a Astraea ouple of nassarius. They do a decent job keeping the tank clean. If you want them to keep the rocks clean make sure you keep the glass clean, also by keeping the glass clean it also feeds the corals. If the banded trochus was more available I would get those they don't die when they get flipped over like the astraea. It is always best to start out with one or two and build because you don't want them dieing. The nerite snails don't live long in my tanks since they have a tendency to escape. I have found them under my living room chair more than once.

For shrimp what kind were you thinking of? I have a banded coral shrimp I wished would have followed one of my nerite snails so I could get some much needed peppermint shrimp in that tank.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
In my 28 I have a couple of and a Astraea ouple of nassarius. They do a decent job keeping the tank clean. If you want them to keep the rocks clean make sure you keep the glass clean, also by keeping the glass clean it also feeds the corals. If the banded trochus was more available I would get those they don't die when they get flipped over like the astraea. It is always best to start out with one or two and build because you don't want them dieing. The nerite snails don't live long in my tanks since they have a tendency to escape. I have found them under my living room chair more than once.

For shrimp what kind were you thinking of? I have a banded coral shrimp I wished would have followed one of my nerite snails so I could get some much needed peppermint shrimp in that tank.

Im trying to understand that last sentence about the shrimp. If you get nerite snails you cant get a peppermint shrimp?

Tags
cuc, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com