Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

looks like the pictures didnt work lets try this again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bubble tip.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	51303   Click image for larger version

Name:	annomonee.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	51304  

Old 09-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh View Post
so i went and got 12 lbs of LR 3 days ago and there is all sorts of cool creatures growing out of it. was just wondeing if anyone could help me figure out what they are. one is red with little bubbles on the tips of it. i was thinking maybe a bubble tip? another one just has longer red tenticles, no idea what this one could be. and then there is another one that i couldnt get pictures of because it wasnt out but it just looks like really long thin tenticles coming out of the holes in the LR. it has long thin tenticles with black and grey alternating strips every about 1/8". i have attached pics of the first 2 but like i said the third one was being shy at the moment. any and all help/ideas are appreciated.
thanks
Josh
the one with the black and gray is probably a mini brittlestar. I have a few that come out (they live in my green star polyps) during feeding. They are harmless. and OMG you have the same name as me LOL

Old 09-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

sorry the pictures didnt work the first time i reuploaded them and they are there now
Old 09-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

that would be cool if it was a mini brittle star but it would be kind of weird (unless there are multiple stars) because they come out of 4 or 5 different places at one time a few on one side of the rock and a few on the other side but i guess its possible seeing as the rock is about 14" across. and maybe the rock is pretty hollow inside because it was only 7 lbs
Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh View Post
that would be cool if it was a mini brittle star but it would be kind of weird (unless there are multiple stars) because they come out of 4 or 5 different places at one time a few on one side of the rock and a few on the other side but i guess its possible seeing as the rock is about 14" across. and maybe the rock is pretty hollow inside because it was only 7 lbs
The same thing happens wit the rock my GSPs are on. That only means you have a bunch of them.

Image Detail for - http://www.austinreefclub.com/uploads/monthly_03_2010/post-792-12682587757087_thumb.jpg
Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

thats exactly what it is... i hope they dont die. im in the middle of cycling my tank so i hope the amonia, nitrite, and nitrate dont kill them. any idea what the other things could be?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

and does anyone know how big those mini brittle stars get?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

anyone? anybody have any ideas of what is growing off of my rocks?? please help. my 4 year old son keeps asking me... lol for my mental sanity please help lol
thanks

Tags
reef, reef tank, start, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com