29 gal. reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are getting close to fully stocked for a 29, but the tank will tell you when you're done. If you have no algae issues and the nitrates/phosphates are at 0, you might be OK to add another. It all depends on your tank's ability to export excess nutrients.

Its a standard glass tank so yes the rectangle

Not sure how man of you light fixtures are necessary for 30x12 tank. And as I'm not as familiar with T5 ill let someone else chime in on bulb selection.

You may be able to get away with a single Chinese led panel with standard 120 optics. Often recommended 1 per 2 feet but with the wide angle and we're only talking about 3 inches on each side that should be fine. Search for the 120 watt dimmable led.

I did have a problem with hair algea but its gone now. I also have tons of coraline algea

With the lights from reef breeders im looking at the one for 319 bucks would that one be ok over my 29

Yes the photon16 would work I have two of the photon24's. The nice thing is you can program the by the hour or half hour. I'm guessing you would have to set it about 50% power or less. Which will reduce the power consumption and save on the electric bill too. One thing I would do is either call or email them and see what optics they recommend they were helpful for mine.
http://reefbreeders.com/contact.html

With 18 deep tank just go with the 120 optics. You won't need anything else unless you plan on mounting them pretty far from your tank.

Yeah im going to mount it close. Should i get 1 16 inch or the 24 inch because there isnt a big price diferance

I'd spend the extra $10 and get the 24" with the 120deg optics. Then if you upgrade your tank in the future you would be covered too. Hope you like than as much as I do. You will defiantly need to run them at Half power or less. Mine are set at %50 and tank is 24" deep. I had them set higher and started to affect my corals in a negative way.

I wont have the money for another couple months so in the mean time should i lay off buying corals or no?Will it support sps and lps?

Up your calcium first and keep it stable. Then observe your corals. If no issues you can probably add some LPS. I recommend waiting on SPS till you get the new light.

Back
Top Bottom