29 gal. reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tank has been up and running for about 7 months. I have a couple corals but they havnt really grown much. My tank isnt really the best i dont think. It needs somthing i just dont know.

Calcium 380 ppm
Alk 9 dkh
Its all basicly normal
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 0
Ph 8

Aquasun t5 duel fixture but im looking into somthing else

Its probably your lightIng. Some corals just grow slow though. What powerheads if any are you using? And what kinds of corals do you have? Mostly softies, lps, sps?

All soft except for my colony of candycane. Whats a good light you recomend im shooting more toureds LEDS

I'm running lights from reefbreeders. Been using them for the last 4 months and my corals have picked up their growth rate and color is better too. They are dimmable and programable for a good price. I have softies, LPS and SPS in my tank.
http://reefbreeders.com/index.html

You may also want to get your Calcium up some to at least 420ppm I tend to run mine in mid 400's. I also target feed mine mysid shrimp too it has gone from 2 heads to 30+ in about 5 mo.

Thats another rhing is dosing i dont dose just water changes to keep my calcium up. I find doing confusing i read online about it but i never got how to keep your levels steady

What are the dimensions of the tank?
Do you know what bulbs you are using and how old they are?
Couple of possibilities:
You may need new bulbs as they do need to be changed out every so often.
You may need another of the same fixture.
Or maybe just one or two of the 120w Chinese fixtures found on eBay depending on tank dimensions.

The lights are 1 10000 k white light and one actinic bulb sorry idk the brand they are from petco. Yes 29 gals

Thats another rhing is dosing i dont dose just water changes to keep my calcium up. I find doing confusing i read online about it but i never got how to keep your levels steady

What salt mix are you using. Regular water changes should be sufficient with the right salt to keep your levels up with the corals you have. But yes you should increase cal up to at least 400

Im looking into getying a green bta for my clown next week would you say yes or no i had a condylactis in there just to see it survived but then i gave it away in prep for the bta im gong to sell most of my corals to give the nem room to find a spot then buy more corals

Im looking into getying a green bta for my clown next week would you say yes or no i had a condylactis in there just to see it survived but then i gave it away in prep for the bta im gong to sell most of my corals to give the nem room to find a spot then buy more corals

I would hold off on the bta for another 5-6 months at least. They need an established stable tank. IME condylactis are more forgiving than bta. And you should get your lighting squared away first as well. If you want the clown to host something in the meantime look into maybe frogspawn or other similar corals.

My tank has been up for almost a year now its been up since december 3 of last year. I also had a rbta in my 10 gallon i used to have.

Ok but my lfs is about an hour and a half away. Iusually only go there every couple months but ok. Another question about my fish. I have a maroon clown a orchade dottyback and a blue spotted watchman gobie can i get anything else or no?

Back
Top Bottom