29 gallon blank slate...anyone have frogfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RWaltman

Aquarium Advice Activist
if you've read my previous post you know I'm moving. I'm transferring my freshies into a larger 55 gallon. This will leave me with a 29 gallon, empty! (a sin in the fish keeping business...no empty tanks!!!!) I'm thinking of converting it to a salt water tank. I'm really interested in frog fish...anyone have experience? Anyone just have advice in general? I'm really up in the air about this tank, but I don't think I want to start another freshwater tank currently....ahhh...maybe for the right fish I guess...I also saw a place that sells "dwarf lionfish" how big do these get? if they stayed small I think that would be an awesome "1 fish" tank....come on! give me ideas! don't leave me hangin'!!!

I wouldn't put a dwarf lionfish in a 29. They need 30-50 gallons. He'd probably survive, but he wouldn't be happy. Go salty though, it's a ton of fun.

Thanks flake, I didn't research the dwarf lion or anything, but I'm always concerned with QOL for my fish...I'm really interested in keeping a frog fish...I don't think they are "reef friendly" though...if anyone has any information about them I'd love to hear it

I didnt even know there where reef safe anglers out there. Will the wartskin or striped angler eat smaller ffish? i would think he would.

I didn't either till I checked liveaquaria. That's pretty cool. I don't think i'd chance them eating small fish and just have fish he couldnt eat.

Well it says that the red and assorted will but it dosent say that under the wartskin and striped angler.

Back
Top Bottom