29 gallon fowlr help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie321

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I have a 29 gallon fw tank right now and in a few years I would like to turn the tank into a fowlr is this good for a beginner? and I just bassicly want the entire list of items i need and how to set the tank, up thanks.

Keeping a fowlr is simple.
1. Powerhead
2. Rocks (base and live)
3. Another vessel to premix water, and extra heater and powerhead for mixing
4. Marine salt and refractometer.

Cycle the tank. Research everything you do and read reviews of any particular product you buy. Pretty expensive setup. Craigslist has a lot of good deals.

Depends on the tank size in my opinion and if you are going to do weekly water changes. I dont run a skimmer on my 29g and 20g tanks and they do just fine. :)

I'm sometimes away from home for a day so maybe if I got one how often do I have to change the water with like 2-3 fish in the tank?

It's recommended to change the water weekly. If its only a 29g tank then 3-5 gallon changes are fine.

Then not much of a difference. The water changes help keep your salt tank healthy as the salt mix contains elements that are found in natural seawater that your tank will need. :) It's not only about getting out nitrates and waste with salt, its about replenishing as well.

Hope that helps/

If you look through threads that I have started, you will find my 29 gallon build. It will step you through setting one up and details all the pieces that I bought from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom