Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 65
29 gallon mantis shrimp tank

Just got a used 29 gallon tank hood light and filter used for 80 bucks. Gonna slowly set it up for a mantis shrimp. I've wanted one ever sense I seen one in person
__________________

__________________
Phillipjlael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipjlael
Just got a used 29 gallon tank hood light and filter used for 80 bucks. Gonna slowly set it up for a mantis shrimp. I've wanted one ever sense I seen one in person
You bought it used for 80$?
__________________

__________________
I CAME BACK TO CONTINUE TO SEVER THE CORD
Esoteric Backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmGoby

You bought it used for 80$?
Yes. Was that a bad deal?
__________________
Phillipjlael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipjlael View Post
Yes. Was that a bad deal?
IMO, yes, that's quite a bit for a used one. You can get one new around that price. (Assuming it's a standard AGA/Aqueon braced tank)
__________________
jenatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenatron

IMO, yes, that's quite a bit for a used one. You can get one new around that price. (Assuming it's a standard AGA/Aqueon braced tank)
True but I wanted the stand as well and they were going for around 75-100 bucks. And the aquaclear 50 filter goes for 40ish so I figured it wasn't to bad a deal. Don't need anything new and fancy. Just wanted it for the shrimp.
__________________
Phillipjlael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipjlael View Post
True but I wanted the stand as well and they were going for around 75-100 bucks. And the aquaclear 50 filter goes for 40ish so I figured it wasn't to bad a deal. Don't need anything new and fancy. Just wanted it for the shrimp.
If it came with an AC and stand that's not bad.
You know what kind of mantis you want?
__________________
jenatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenatron

If it came with an AC and stand that's not bad.
You know what kind of mantis you want?
I've wanted a peacock badly but I also don't want it to break the glass. It's strange 95% of people say that the odds of that happening is slim but then theres that 5% that say it will get broken. I plan on putting a sheet of acrylic or plexiglas on the bottom. And I gotta figure out how much live rock I'll need. I know where I can get 20LBS for 100 bucks. But I'm not sure if 20 will be enough.
__________________

__________________
Phillipjlael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
29 gallon, mantis shrimp, rim, shrimp, shrimp tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with setting up a peacock mantis shrimp tank ReefManik Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 22 01-04-2011 08:28 PM
I saw a mantis shrimp in my tank ! Frantic Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 5 06-09-2008 02:29 PM
mantis shrimp batfire Saltwater Reef Aquaria 1 03-14-2006 06:05 PM
Mantis Shrimp v. Rest of Tank OneBowl Saltwater Reef Aquaria 12 05-20-2004 05:02 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.