29 gallon saltwater fish stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kfishfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am planing on getting a 29 gallon saltwater tank this year and I would like to know what kind of fish I could get. I own 2 ocelaris clownfish and I would like the fish to be peaceful and get along so I don't get stressed out on fighting or injuries. Also I own 2 blue legged hermit crabs so no fish ideas that could eat them.

Welcome to AA and glad you found us here :) is this gonna be fowlr or reef before any reccomendations are made.

Ah I don't know yet I am still learning as I go but I would like this to be a peaceful like tank so any ideas for how it should be and I should mention my clown fish are tank breed.

Personally I would only add one more fish if any if your gonna go reef. Fowlr on the other hand, 4 small fish would be a good number. How about a type of blenny or goby. One of my favorite gobies is the rainfords goby which stays small, has a small Bioload, is very peaceful, and imo is absolutely stunning lol. Here's mine :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121120_233142.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121120_233142.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 201
Yep I got my GFs pair of clowns in that tank right now.

Keep in mind a lot of gobies are grazers so adding them to a young tank can sometimes starve them. I would.wait a couple months after cycling to add one.

Ok I'm still new to salt water tanks but my friends own a few and if I were to like a fish I would love to know how to keep it happy.

I was wondering would it be possible to get a small manderin or a fish like a manderin for this tank.

Dragonettes can be done in a 29 but that's really pushing it. You will run the risk of starving them since they graze 24/7 on pods unless trained to eat frozen but even then they could revert back to live. I wouldn't get one for anything less then 50 gallons with a fuge and 50lbs min. Of rock.

Mrc8858 said:
Dragonettes can be done in a 29 but that's really pushing it. You will run the risk of starving them since they graze 24/7 on pods unless trained to eat frozen but even then they could revert back to live. I wouldn't get one for anything less then 50 gallons with a fuge and 50lbs min. Of rock.

I wouldn't even try one in a tank less than a 75 unless he's eating prepared food. Pods will run out in no time in a 29

Reeffanman said:
I wouldn't even try one in a tank less than a 75 unless he's eating prepared food. Pods will run out in no time in a 29

29 is a bit small for mandarin unless ypu have a huge fugi i have a 55g 60# lr and 20g fugi that i stocked with 1000 pods and have kept a pair of mandarin happy for 3 years

Ok that's good to know are there any other fish like them or colorful like them.

Kfishfan said:
Ok that's good to know are there any other fish like them or colorful like them.

Zebra dart goby purple firefish flasher wrass diadem dottyback

Back
Top Bottom