29 gallon suprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that works too, but just check the label at the store before you get it. It'll tell you the ingredients, and if it has anything I listed above then you don't want it.

We'll double quadruple check for you here when you get it.

alright the back says

-cleans -deodorizes
-polishes - eliminates grease and dirt

contains no phosphates or fragrances

there is no list of stuff thats in it... so should i assume there is none?

thanks
-Brad

alright how much should i add?... i need 3-5ppm so that would be 29/1000000 x 3?

-Brad

I'd add 1ml, wait 20 minutes and test and see where you're at. Then repeat until you get up into range. Then you'll know how much each ml is adding and can predict how much to add based on where you're at.

ok. what am i waiting for lol any tests i should run before doing this...

also... some of my rocks have been turning brown... the brown comes off if i rub it... is this algae?

-Brad

Test your ammonia right before you add so you have a baseline, then just do it.

The brown, without seeing it, is most likely diatoms. It's gonna get on everything and last for a few weeks. This is typical in a new aquarium, as they feed on the silicates which are present in your brand new silicone seams of the tank.

nothing to worry about im guessing?

and by just do it... do you mean like drops... or quick pours... cap fulls?

thanks

-Brad

Have kids?

I use an old medicine dropper from some meds my kids took long ago that we had laying around that measures in ml. Also, you can go to your local drug store and just ask them for a syringe. Tell them why and that you do not want the needle and they'll usually just give them to you.

yeah, give it time to get mixed up. Also remember that your test kit isnt' 100% accurate. if you still see nothing, add some more. It'll come up

well hours later... it took 20ml to get me to just over 2ppm... im going to leave it for the night... see what happens overnight..... i dont want to way overshoot and loose everything

-Brad... offically sick of add 8 drops add 8 drops wait 5 minutes add amonia wait 20 minutes....

no... but im sure its dull. when i was working for the arena i got their amonia on my wrist and it turned red and burnt instantly... this stuff i had time to walk to the tank put in the dosage and clean out the test and pack them back... no red mark no nothing... .... does smell like... well extreme pee so its definitly unscented lol

also it appears NO2 is starting to rise up... not much just a little discoloration from the blue... but hey any no2 is progress right

-Brad

my amonia dropped 2 ppm overnight..... is this good or bad... should i add more amonia now... my no2 is just a little more discolored than last night... what kind of spike am i looking for.. an aprox reading of what?

-Brad

Your ammonia will rise and then drop. Then your nitrites will rise and drop. Then your nitrates will start to rise. After ammonia and nitrites have gone to 0 then do a 33% PWC and you`ll be ready to go.

In short it's a good thing, means there's life (bacteria) on your rocks which are consuming the Ammonia. Keep feeding them, don't let them starve. Eventually your nitrItes will begin doing the same thing, and that's when you're ready to go.

this brown stuff is getting pretty bad... its developing what appear to be sticks and vines.. should i be concerned? its on everything.. filter heater even the impeller of the power head...

-Brad

Nope it's Diatoms. Common in new tanks. Don't worry it will burn out over time.

Does it look like this?

img_937645_0_57cb4fa3e4efd115f90ef2aa5c6da20f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom