29 gallon upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericwm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am new to the hobby and am thinking about an upgrade already. A buddy gave me a 29 gallon with a HOB filter. After spending the amount of money that is required for a good tank I am hoping to upgrade. I am looking to buy a 40 breeder or a 50 to 55 gallon tank and going all out in there now that I have a feel for the setup of a tank. I want to keep my tank to ~36" wide so I can keep my current lighting and add some to it. I was thinking about looking at getting a tank at the next petco $1 per gallon sale and drilling it for a sump. I would love some advice on this. Also, would there be any cool fish I could put in a 50 or 55 that I couldn't put in a 40 breeder.

Ok, so I am now thinking of a 75 or 80 gallon tank and getting new lighting. I am thinking 3 Apollo scl 36w led lights, 2 apollo acti-red 44 or 2 evo 100 led fixtures. Does anyone have any advice or opinion on these lights? It looks like they will cover my dime toons but I also want them to support lps and anemones and maybe some sps or even a clam. I decided to go with name brand LEDs and these seem to be an affordable option for me within the year.

Man this is addictive.

Back
Top Bottom