29G bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaboke

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank is starded on may 19
35 LB Carib sea arag live sand ( 2" bed )
45 Lb Fiji Live Rock Uncured ( curing and cycling at the same time )

test result as today

Temp 78
Amm. 0
Nitrite 2
Nitrate 10
Phospate 0
Salinity 1.023
Dkh 12
Calcium 320
Magnesium ( I don't now how to test for Magnesium )

I think I'm halve way true the cycle everything is looking good accept for the calcium that is still a little low if you could give me some advice on that I would really apprecied it

Kaboke

kaboke said:
I think I'm halve way true the cycle everything is looking good accept for the calcium that is still a little low if you could give me some advice on that I would really apprecied it

Kaboke

I would not worry about calcium and others except ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. The others will be out of wack because of the cycle. If your cycle was halfway done you would see big ammonia spike and yours says 0. Once your tank is o ammonia and nitrites and high nitrates then do a good size PWC and then start worrying about calcium and the others. HTH

my ammonia came from 8 a week ago and till yesterday my nitrite was 5 thats way I think that I'm halve way true is calcium not important for the clean up crew ??? after my cycle is done I would like to at a clean up crew and a skunk skrimp so I thought that it was important to get everything wright from the start

Kaboke

What brand salt mix do you use?
When done cycling a large PWC's is usually recommended. Depending on the salt mix your using, that may bring Ca up some.

Back
Top Bottom