29G In the WorKs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mannyfern09

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys!
Just wanted to update! Just cleaned out my tank and painted the back. Took out my lr scrubbed it down in a bucket and now I have:
×29g tank
*sump with overflow
* 30" 96w PC - which I want to upgrade to 30" 130W
*painted the bacj of the tank
*2 jet heads in tank
*small 29G protein skimmer I
I will post a pic up later and test my water. I've had the water in there for a wile with the lr and sand so tank is cycled. I also have a clown fish which has been in the tank for over a yr!! Anny suggestions? Just need to upgrade the light get more lr and Add corals!!!

That's great!
What exactly are you asking (what fish to get)?
What type of clown?

not really asking much lol. Just want to make shure everything is going good lol. Maybe a recommendation for lights, which ive goten a couple and heres a picture of my empty tank :/ lol
img_942367_0_b36b9e3c4ec5474d4532e0e0139b80fa.jpg

amonia: 0
nitrate:0
nitrites:0
PH: 7.8

DEFINATLY!! since i just took everything out i am letting everything setlle and then will be purchasing about 30 lbs more to fill it to the top with a nice aquascape!

haha thank you i promise to do one everyweek!! UNLIKE LAST TIME! lol if i do this consistently how long do you think it usually takes to start seeing that purple show up in the rocks ? sounds like a noob question just wondering

Coralline needs to be seeded in the tank. Does any of your existing LR have any coralline on it? If so you`ll be OK if not then you`ll need to get a piece of LR with some on it. You calcium, alk and Magnesium parameters need to be up to snuff for coralline to grow good. Also be careful what you wish for LOL because once it starts growing it will cover everything including tank ,LR and equipment.

hahahah we will see .. my lr currently may have alittle but i will definatly purchase some LR with it growing on it already THanks a mil! i will keep every1 posted!€

Well today i went to the LFS and im not going to lie im pretty shure the lady liked me lol. she sold me some cured Fiji with coraline LR for 5 rather than the 7.99 theyre supposed to charge. so i got 15lbs of lr for my tank. im posting updated pics of ym new aquascape! let me no what you guys think!
img_943150_0_1cfe56274bf9943bc8ed636b8dde5637.jpg

img_943150_1_e4fee6327972b47c994848ca46d44ba6.jpg

img_943150_2_a3fca1a46afac1a8496d3b571fc8f0f7.jpg

img_943150_3_a734a16021a3c3926f02a3f4e8104ff7.jpg

im going to test my waters now in a little bit. does anyone no the good settings to take pictures of your tank? i have a canon power shot sx100is with 8 mega pixels i just dont no the settings? help plz

amonia: 0 ppm
pH: 8.0
nitrates: 50 ppm ?????
nitrites: 0 ppm

not shure what high nitrates means?!?!

haha! no worries thanks for the input! any suggestions with the tank? just need a little more LR and then corals!!

just did my 1st PWC ill test the waters in a little and post the results let me no what you think!

I would probably suggest doing a few large water changes to help get those nitrates down and then go back to the 5 gal changes melosu suggested. Maybe 1/3 water volume. do two or three of those.

Also if you have a sump you should do a little reading on a refugium. It will help keep your nitrates down as well as several other benefits. Will help you out a bunch once you get some corals which will be a little more picky about your water quality.

Back
Top Bottom