29g noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xb_orange

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello,
i have a 29g SW tank and 30lbs of LR.

what goes good in these tanks?
we want clowns of course.. but what kind of lil guys should we get to clean up the tank?

thanks for the help ahead of the time

hi
From my experience.. you should get at least 6 Turbo Snails and maybe 10 Blue Leg crabs!
They are really fun to watch also!!
make sure you put in extra shells to make sure they don't fight for their shells
Good luck!

I like nassarius, cerith and margarita snails. I am not a big fan of a lot of hermits, but that is only a personal preference.

Nassarius is good to shift your sandbeds and the Cerith and Astrea snails good to clean up your algae on the rocks and the glass. Hermit crabs ain't necessary in my opinion but it's fun to watch those little critters, I only have 4 in my tank.

Clowns, blennies, and gobies would be small enuf to do OK in that sized tank. Might add a couple of cleaner shrimp too IMO.

thanks guys.. i believe we are going to wait a lil longer before adding the fish in.. we are just getting started and the hobby is tons of money :D

so we are just going slow

i went and got ten hermits and five snails today and a shrimp and two emerald crabs.. i noticed that i had two really small snails today before i went to the LFS... i guess it could be from the LR but it made me really excited :D

Back
Top Bottom