29g tall or long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Savoie83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
I want to buy a 29g for my little boy. What is better tall or long. I want a bit of rock and like 2 coral after a while. Fish will be 2 clown fish for sure.
Ty for the advice.

long, it allows for more fish, but i have never seen a 29 long, could you be referering to the 20 long, if so, gwt the 29 tall

They are the exact same just ones taller ones longer.. I doesnt change what fish u can have in it

In my opinion a long tank is a better option. More rockscaping possibilities and the stocking can be a little different as the fish usually need back and forth room rather than top to bottom space.

carey said:
In my opinion a long tank is a better option. More rockscaping possibilities and the stocking can be a little different as the fish usually need back and forth room rather than top to bottom space.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Go with the long.

And lighting is cheaper for reef tanks cause the water is shallower.

Ah ty very much for the advice.
Right now a got an empty 20g that i wanted to build with sw, but its kinda small. I think 29g can be perfect for a kid room. Don't want only 2 fish too.

So who will be caring for this tank?

When you say "little boy", how little. I see bad things happening with a tank in a childs room lol. Mine is in the living room right outside my oldest daughters room. She comes out and looks but I'd notice if she ever dared to put something in it. Maybe this would be a better option for your tank?

Yeah i know what you mean. he's only 4 week today!! I don't when I can or will build it because of is age. I will not buy a rimless, want a full cover or maybe diy canopy with a lock. Already have salt, sand and powerhead. Living room have a 86g (brand #, 90g from other) in build to replace the 20g.
Sorry for my english im french!!

Back
Top Bottom