29g. Tank finally set up!!! HOORAY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWGuppie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I finally got my 29G tank set up with LR and everything, it looks great, and is about done with cycling...

I got everything from Tampa Bay Salt Water, and wow, they are some great people there, with PERFECT rocks!!! truly amazing!

I bought a package from them, and I got the second half about a week ago, and it came with....20 Crabs, 10 snails, 2 sea cucumbers, 2 peppermint shrimp, and 1 serpent star, on top of all the rock they gave me which is sooooooooooo full of life its truly amazing!

First question, what do sea cucumbers do? because I have NO CLUE!!!!
I also bought a Pink tipped Anenome from them....its pretty cool, but what exactly do I feed it? Shrimp pieces?

How much fish can I put in this tank per-say? I have about a 4 inch live sand bed, and 38 pounds of LR...I have some nice water movement going on, I have the filter going and a Maxi-Jet 1200 pump...is that too much movement?!

Basically I just want to make sure I have everything all set up, I was going to go and pick up a valentini Puffer fish this week sometime...I was just checking to make sure that It wouldn't be blown away by my water movement in the tank.... please let me know and let me get some feed back =D

Congrats on the set up! Our first SW tank was a 29. There is a Calculator on here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/calcs_new.php that will tell you how many inches of fish. With ours we had two clowns and a scooter blenny at one point and that seemed to be enough. Can't wait to see pics of the new tank Congrats again! :)

Say there Guppie, do you have adequate lighting to support the anemone? If you new at this you may just not know about the requirements just yet...I was pretty close to getting one early on in my tanks life before I found out more about them.

Back
Top Bottom