3 Gallon Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techo

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I found this Desktop & Small Aquarium Starter Kits: Picotope 3 Gallon Aquarium Kit

3 gallon kit from Drs Foster & Smith. I was interested in possibly setting it up on my desk but I was wondering what all I can even put in. Corals, fish, inverts?

I know I can do inverts and corals but what types?

What type of maintenance is required with such a small tank?

(IF) What fish can you put in?

I guess what I am looking for is pictures of people's small set ups, materials, livestock. And maybe hypothetical thinking, "If this was your tank, what would you put in it?"

Thanks in advance

I think only one fish can go in this tank. It is extremely small and so you should get only one fish that requires little swimming space. My recommendation would be a firefish. Those don't need too much room.

But saltwater will be extremely difficult in a three gallon tank. If I were you, I would just do freshwater and stock it with a betta fish, an apple snail, and maybe a ghost shrimp. That's all I really find suitable for such a tiny tank because really firefish need five gallons.

You might be able to pull it off, but if it doesn't work out don't be too surprised. I disagree with people who say it'd be impossible, but very difficult. If you're up for it, go for it. My advice is just to add the firefish and perhaps a snail and a couple of hermit crabs. And definitely some shrimp will fit in there.

Back
Top Bottom