300 gallon FO livestock wish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is what I would like to have in my 300 gallon long tank once I am through with it. It will be fish ONLY with minimal live rock if any Dimensons are: LxWxH 96"x30"x25"...Here it goes:

-Juvinile Emperor Angel
-Powder Blue Tang
-School of green chroims...number TBD
-Flame angel.....compatable with Emperor?????
-Orange spotted Goby
-Flame Hawk
-Square pink Anthias
-French Angel...Compatable with Emperor?????
-Fox Face
-Copper Band Butterfly....Compatable?????
-Fire fish
-A few long spine urchins

What do you think?? Comments??

Thanks!!!!!!!

I envy you for having such choices - for a 300g tank. No input on fish choices from me. Only a hope that you have a QT tank :soap: as you start adding livestock.

Good luck!

I would do one large angel and one small one. The copperband is a great fish but depends on lots of LR and is a very deliberate feeder so this can be challenging. Most do not do well. Otherwise, looks good.

Agree with lando. I have one large angel in my 210 and I am sure she would take out any other large angel that would be put in. The Angel will become the owner of the tank.
Other than that, looks good to me.

I wouldn't put two "large" angels together either, unless they were a verified pair, and even then I'd watch them until they mated successfully.

I've heard both good and bad things about putting a pygmy angel with a large angel. I was cautioned against it by my LFS, but I usually take what they say with a grain of salt. The advice out here is typically much better.

It will be fish ONLY with minimal live rock if any

I definitely would NOT skimp on the LR. The angels and butterfly (especially) will love lots of it. It will provide food for foraging, lots of good bacteria to keep the tank healthy and provide good hiding places for everybody. Be sure and secure the higher pieces so they won't tumble if the angel gets ambitious. I might still have some pictures of how I built my PVC frame to tie my rocks to. You can space them out much more loosely to create caves and hidey-holes without creating an unstable structure.

I am SO jealous of a 300-gallon tank...that's more than all 9 of my tanks put together. If I knew last year what I knew now, I'd have gotten larger than a 75.

--Aquabear

Since you're already planning to go in the anthias direction I'd trade the school of chromis & squareback in for a pack of lyretails (5F & 1M). The ones that I got are voracious eaters and simply stunning.

Back
Top Bottom