Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZLE808 View Post
added more base rock (20lbs) today. what do you guys think?
I wanted to add a six line wrasse today but my lfs didn't have any
It looks good! The one on the top left looks a little precarious, though. As long as its sturdier than it looks, you're all set!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl View Post

It looks good! The one on the top left looks a little precarious, though. As long as its sturdier than it looks, you're all set!
Thanks Beengirl! . The one in the top left is wedged in pretty good, the one on the top right is the one that just slid on me. so I moved it and its a lot sturdier now.

I'm thinking 6 line wrasse and a dwarf flame angel as my last 2 fish... What do you think?

Old 12-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #113
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks good! The flame needs a much bigger tank than a 30. Very few angels can live in such a small tank. Maybe look into multibar or flame back. I've heard they both do well in a smaller tank. The wrasse will be just fine, I would recommend letting the tank establish a bit more. They will clean out your pods in about a week if your not careful.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZLE808 View Post

Thanks Beengirl! . The one in the top left is wedged in pretty good, the one on the top right is the one that just slid on me. so I moved it and its a lot sturdier now.

I'm thinking 6 line wrasse and a dwarf flame angel as my last 2 fish... What do you think?
There's some disagreement about the tank size needed for the dwarf angels. Liveaquaria within the last couple months has increased the minimum size for them to 70g, but Bluezooaquatics still has it listed as 30g minimum. I have a dwarf half black angel (that i got before the tank size was altered) in my 30g, and he's been fine, seems happy and isn't too much of a bully. He swims around some, but not so much that the 30 is too small. He never swam around that much when he was in the 55g either, though. Maybe he's just lazy. Lol.
I'm not a huge fan of the six- line, but that's just me. They're fine fish, as long as you have a lid.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #115
Aquarium Advice FINatic

+1 for the lid
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #116
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl View Post

There's some disagreement about the tank size needed for the dwarf angels. Liveaquaria within the last couple months has increased the minimum size for them to 70g, but Bluezooaquatics still has it listed as 30g minimum. I have a dwarf half black angel (that i got before the tank size was altered) in my 30g, and he's been fine, seems happy and isn't too much of a bully. He swims around some, but not so much that the 30 is too small. He never swam around that much when he was in the 55g either, though. Maybe he's just lazy. Lol.
I'm not a huge fan of the six- line, but that's just me. They're fine fish, as long as you have a lid.
I read the same thing about the tank size for the dwarf angels. In the book I have ( I forget the name of it right now) it said that a 30g is fine for a dwarf angel, (that's when I asked you about yours on your 30g FOWLR thread). So I think I'll give it a shot and hope that he wont be too much of a bully. As far as the 6 line goes, if my LFS had one I would've bought it today but I'm still on the fence about it overall... If that makes any sense lol. I do have a lid for my tank though I case I end up buying something that's a jumper.

I really appreciate your guys' input though! Thank you for helping me get to the point I'm at now!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #117
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkb02 View Post
Looks good! The flame needs a much bigger tank than a 30. Very few angels can live in such a small tank. Maybe look into multibar or flame back. I've heard they both do well in a smaller tank. The wrasse will be just fine, I would recommend letting the tank establish a bit more. They will clean out your pods in about a week if your not careful.
Thanks for your input. I was going to say the same thing as Beengirl about the tank size for the dwarf angels, but she covered that for me. I never heard of a multibar... I'll look into that. I do plan on letting my tank establish some more before adding something like a 6 line or an angel. today though I was just wanting to buy something... I think I got a little impatient lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #118
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I get the bug all the time too! Lol, I beat it by setting up a quarantine under my show tank. It helps a lot because not only do you get a new addition, you get to watch him and then when you add him to your show tank, it's like buying a new fish all over again! All around good.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #119
Aquarium Advice Freak

Apparently I've got bubble algae. It's not bad yet so ill be trying to take them out tomorrow. Has anyone else dealt with this type of algae?
Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 AM   #120
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Emerald crabs do great work, mine handled it! Another option is to siphon it out and use something to loosen it. Just make sure that you siphon it all out if you do this. It will spread if you don't.

Tags
30 gallon, 55 gallon, build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com