30g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added two clowns last night and came home today to a happy tank and the one Chromis that was hiding came out to play :D

Yea!!! He was just lonely and scared, needed some more encouragement to come out and play. That pic made me smile. :)

I added two clowns last night and came home today to a happy tank and the one Chromis that was hiding came out to play :D

Nice looking clowns! How are the chromis behaving like with them now, no issues? Reason I'm asking is because I am considering getting an ocelaris clown as my next fish to add with my four chromis and goby.

Paulm7373 said:
Nice looking clowns! How are the chromis behaving like with them now, no issues? Reason I'm asking is because I am considering getting an ocelaris clown as my next fish to add with my four chromis and goby.

Thanks!

No issues whatsoever, they all get along just fine. The Chromis have been out more since I added the clowns as a matter if fact. At times all 4 of them get together and cruise around the tank, nice to watch :)
IMO I would say that adding an ocellaris with your Chromis & goby is a good move. Shouldn't have any problems

Ok, you've talked me into getting one now, might wait until after Christmas as the accounts have taken a bit of a pounding over the last few days from all this shopping lol. My chromis swim all over the place and never keep still. Don't know if it's because they get blown around from the powerheads or if that's what they're like.

So I've got this film on the top if my water... It's not bad or anything but would a skimmer get rid of it?

The film is there because you aren't skimming off the top of your water, you have a canister. A skimmer probably won't help unless you can find one the allows water to be skimmed off the top of the water.

feather dusters?

I was thinking that I may add a feather duster... or two. How long should I wait before adding to my tank? tank has been up and running with fish in it for 3 weeks or so now. I read on live aquaria that your tank should be established before adding any feather dusters... any exceptions to this rule/guideline?

added more rock

added more base rock (20lbs) today. what do you guys think?
I wanted to add a six line wrasse today but my lfs didn't have any :(

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 105
added more base rock (20lbs) today. what do you guys think?
I wanted to add a six line wrasse today but my lfs didn't have any :(

It looks good! The one on the top left looks a little precarious, though. As long as its sturdier than it looks, you're all set! :)

It looks good! The one on the top left looks a little precarious, though. As long as its sturdier than it looks, you're all set! :)

Thanks Beengirl! :). The one in the top left is wedged in pretty good, the one on the top right is the one that just slid on me. so I moved it and its a lot sturdier now.

I'm thinking 6 line wrasse and a dwarf flame angel as my last 2 fish... What do you think?

Looks good! The flame needs a much bigger tank than a 30. Very few angels can live in such a small tank. Maybe look into multibar or flame back. I've heard they both do well in a smaller tank. The wrasse will be just fine, I would recommend letting the tank establish a bit more. They will clean out your pods in about a week if your not careful.

Thanks Beengirl! :). The one in the top left is wedged in pretty good, the one on the top right is the one that just slid on me. so I moved it and its a lot sturdier now.

I'm thinking 6 line wrasse and a dwarf flame angel as my last 2 fish... What do you think?

There's some disagreement about the tank size needed for the dwarf angels. Liveaquaria within the last couple months has increased the minimum size for them to 70g, but Bluezooaquatics still has it listed as 30g minimum. I have a dwarf half black angel (that i got before the tank size was altered) in my 30g, and he's been fine, seems happy and isn't too much of a bully. He swims around some, but not so much that the 30 is too small. He never swam around that much when he was in the 55g either, though. Maybe he's just lazy. Lol.
I'm not a huge fan of the six- line, but that's just me. They're fine fish, as long as you have a lid. :)

There's some disagreement about the tank size needed for the dwarf angels. Liveaquaria within the last couple months has increased the minimum size for them to 70g, but Bluezooaquatics still has it listed as 30g minimum. I have a dwarf half black angel (that i got before the tank size was altered) in my 30g, and he's been fine, seems happy and isn't too much of a bully. He swims around some, but not so much that the 30 is too small. He never swam around that much when he was in the 55g either, though. Maybe he's just lazy. Lol.
I'm not a huge fan of the six- line, but that's just me. They're fine fish, as long as you have a lid. :)

I read the same thing about the tank size for the dwarf angels. In the book I have ( I forget the name of it right now) it said that a 30g is fine for a dwarf angel, (that's when I asked you about yours on your 30g FOWLR thread). So I think I'll give it a shot and hope that he wont be too much of a bully. As far as the 6 line goes, if my LFS had one I would've bought it today but I'm still on the fence about it overall... If that makes any sense lol. I do have a lid for my tank though I case I end up buying something that's a jumper.

I really appreciate your guys' input though! Thank you for helping me get to the point I'm at now! :)

Looks good! The flame needs a much bigger tank than a 30. Very few angels can live in such a small tank. Maybe look into multibar or flame back. I've heard they both do well in a smaller tank. The wrasse will be just fine, I would recommend letting the tank establish a bit more. They will clean out your pods in about a week if your not careful.

Thanks for your input. I was going to say the same thing as Beengirl about the tank size for the dwarf angels, but she covered that for me. I never heard of a multibar... I'll look into that. I do plan on letting my tank establish some more before adding something like a 6 line or an angel. today though I was just wanting to buy something... I think I got a little impatient lol.

I get the bug all the time too! Lol, I beat it by setting up a quarantine under my show tank. It helps a lot because not only do you get a new addition, you get to watch him and then when you add him to your show tank, it's like buying a new fish all over again! All around good.

Apparently I've got bubble algae. It's not bad yet so ill be trying to take them out tomorrow. Has anyone else dealt with this type of algae?

Emerald crabs do great work, mine handled it! Another option is to siphon it out and use something to loosen it. Just make sure that you siphon it all out if you do this. It will spread if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom