30g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
i want to convert my 30g from FO to reef. I am going to get PC lighting, and about 20-30 lbs of LR. What would be good fish to add. I currently have two ocellaris that i am not sure will live(previous post). I was thinking maybe a flame angel.
thanks

When you add the rock, it may introduce some more ammonia into your system. So you may want to put it ina rubbermaid container with a heater and powerhead for a few days. Most people, including me, experinced a very minimal cycle from adding rock to a tank. Or you may want to add the rock to your tank and QT the clowns until they are healthier.

Try adding some garlic extreme to the food. Sometimes this will help a fish that has stopped eating.

Also, think about a cleanup crew. BTW, what kind of water are you using? Tap, RO/DI?

Jim

I would stay away from any angel fish in a reef setup, mainly because they like to nip at corals. Now there are exceptions to this rule but would you want to spend $50.00 on a coral and by chance only to have that angel eat it?

Back
Top Bottom