30g Sw Rockscapes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all, i will have my live rock for my 30 gallon sw tank by christmas, and i was hoping some others could put up pics of their saltwater tanks to give me an idea for rockscapes! Can be a 20 or 30 gallon tank. 200 gallon rockscapes wont help much :) haha

interested in this as well since I have a 30 and looking to have mine setup by christmas also :)

Yay! I'm getting a 29 or 28 for Christmas. Free time (and not so free time) is spent daydreaming about rock scapes. For sure following.

rebelyeller89 said:
Yay! I'm getting a 29 or 28 for Christmas. Free time (and not so free time) is spent daydreaming about rock scapes. For sure following.

Haha cool, exciting isnt it? This is a pic i found on another thread here, i liked the rockwork...pic of tnice17's old 20L

rebelyeller89 said:
Ooo yes I like that one. I also like the look of a pile on either side with open sand bed between them.

Definatly! My plan as of now, try and picture this, is a larger pile on the left with some caves against the glass for my goby. That way i can look in and see it. It has a peak for corals that need more light, and a sort of cove bend to it. Then in the middle is almost a river of sand. On the right, an island with one nice cave.

love the way that set up looks. maybe one day I can showcase something similar ;)

jasonr said:
love the way that set up looks. maybe one day I can showcase something similar ;)

I totally agree, unless someone else on here can convince me their rockscape is better! (hint hint)

Comon all you reefers, lets see what ya got!

This is my scape, Picture looks bad with the LEDS and the fact that I just put more sand in the tank. There is swimming area behind the rocks and only a small portion of it prevents cleaning but its very small and hope my clean up crew can help in those areas. I did it this way for a reef because I wanted the tank to look unique and not a wall of rocks with a bunch of corals on it making it look like a fruit stand. I changed it a bit so that its over to the right more on the left side so that its allows me to get a magfloat by the rocks and for my to gravel vac.

img_1682973_0_737595283222bea089a18f90c93d310f.jpg

CleverBs said:
This is my scape, Picture looks bad with the LEDS and the fact that I just put more sand in the tank. There is swimming area behind the rocks and only a small portion of it prevents cleaning but its very small and hope my clean up crew can help in those areas. I did it this way for a reef because I wanted the tank to look unique and not a wall of rocks with a bunch of corals on it making it look like a fruit stand. I changed it a bit so that its over to the right more on the left side so that its allows me to get a magfloat by the rocks and for my to gravel vac.

Looks SWEET! i love the huge cave on the left, and the way you made the mound too! Nice job!

looks really great! even though it's sandy those leds look awesome shining through there lol. can't wait to get my setup started. I need money!

Back
Top Bottom