30gl FOWLER tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. D

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to start my 30gl tank up for some small predators and non/with caution reef safe fish.

I was going to add a dwarf lion (for my mom)
And a flame angel

And maybe a long nose hawkfish
And passably 1 more fish around 4in

Looking for thoughts and input.

What about the original 3? My only concern is no skimmer to get the extra 30% out because I'm fine doing 2water changes a week no problem.

Would a lion and flame angel work together?
If anyone has experience with the two?

In a 30 I would stick with the dwarf lion but its realy to small for him

Pretty sure it's a dwarf fuzzy lion red phase. Really think its small, Reef keeping magazine said its the right size

Does anyone know how this size tank would fair on a power filter and canister at the same time

Okay. I was thinking live rock rubble in there as media? And setting up a small refuge in the power filter just for pods and bugs and stuff not really for nitrates.

Do you think this would work well?

I think a 30 gal is too small for a dwarf lion. I'd explore other options. The flame angel will work. I'd get some other nano fish instead

Yeah, I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I am toying with the idea of a sea horse tank now but they are very expensive (collage kid budget) and not very hardy.
I will probably go with normal fish b/c it will be cheaper to set up and less specific.

Back
Top Bottom