320g stocking idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for some ideas to stock my tank after a recent crash. I will have around $2000 worth of store credit to use.
I have had aggressive tanks for years now and I'm thinking I might want to try my hand at a reef. Help me decide by painting a picture with different groups of fish
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

With credit like that, one would have to get a beautiful tang. No yellow or atlantic blue. That is something in need of finding a purple or black...maybe even a gem. That is what I would want the centerpiece of any reef tank to be.

Gem tang would still leave meowing around $900. Would I be able to do a pair of purple or black tangs added at the same time?

Achilles would be sick. I heard a lot of bad things about clown tangs having a trigger like mood swing one day and going on a killing spree

In a tank that size, you could get away with two of the same kind added at the same time...though it isn't personally something I'd ever want to attempt with pricey fish. Once wrong move and you are out a ton of cash. Safe rather than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom