320g upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
You could say I'm a sucker for a good deal, but at the price I'm getting this tank it was hard to say no.
Atlantic City aquarium was replacing one of their tank and had a 320 gallon tank(84x24x37) up for grabs. Being the thrifty guy that I am I took a drive over this morning and boy was it pretty! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445104569.124760.jpg
Nothing that a quick vinegar bath can't mend.

Tank, stand, and sump for a grand total of.....$270!! ???

I'll try to take as many pictures as possible to bring you all along for the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could say I'm a sucker for a good deal, but at the price I'm getting this tank it was hard to say no.
Atlantic City aquarium was replacing one of their tank and had a 320 gallon tank(84x24x37) up for grabs. Being the thrifty guy that I am I took a drive over this morning and boy was it pretty! View attachment 279322
Nothing that a quick vinegar bath can't mend.

Tank, stand, and sump for a grand total of.....$270!! ???

I'll try to take as many pictures as possible to bring you all along for the ride

Awesome deal, boss!

:dance:

Can't wait to see the show!

:popcorn:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445185383.498081.jpgnow the fun of unloading begins

Underestimated the weight of this thing empty. 6 guys weren't enough to get the job done. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445222486.660680.jpg aiming for ten tomorrow

Came to the harsh realization that getting the tank to the basement is next to impossible. When calling a professional moving company I was told 'that is a deluxe item' and they cannot move it due to insurance reasons.
Looking like the family room will be getting a new centerpiece.

I barely got my 120(4x2x2) into my basement going down the stairs and turning!
Make sure you have ample support under tank(in basement) as your is not 'average large tank'.
Good luck and keep at it.
I gotta see what you do with it!

Agree with bandit!

That's a huge tank! And with huge tanks comes thousands of pounds of weight. I'd be taking every precaution to make sure structure of the house can hold it:

Caleb

Luckily I am surrounded by contractors and construction workers. Gonna make some supports for the floor joists some time this week. Either gonna use some jacks and a metal plate, or a couple 6x6.

After doing the math this will be close to 1.5 tons of weight in a 7 foot span. Gonna be a tough one

My 180 is supported by a self built load bearing wall in basement beneath!
6x6 will be the bomb!
Check into adjustable 'lally columns' if you want metal post.

Nice steal:)

Best of luck

It will be going in a crawl space

Luckily I am surrounded by contractors and construction workers. Gonna make some supports for the floor joists some time this week. Either gonna use some jacks and a metal plate, or a couple 6x6.

After doing the math this will be close to 1.5 tons of weight in a 7 foot span. Gonna be a tough one

What...?

Your floor can't support a mid-size elephant?

Seriously? :hide:

What...?

Your floor can't support a mid-size elephant?

Seriously? :hide:

Soon. Very soon.

Tomorrow I have a family friend stopping by and we will (fingers crossed) get the supporting done.

Poseidon willing I will post as many pictures as possible

Gathering the materials needed to support the floor joists. Slowly

That is the easy part though. Getting the tank moved is proving to be near impossible. Every moving company I contact isn't willing to move it due to it being a 'specialty' item.

This isn't going anything like planned

Finally heard back from a company that is willing to move the tank for me. Downside is I have to pay for two hours of their time when I think this whole process could be completed in just under one hour.

The rate they quoted me was $287. Does anyone know if this rate is reasonable? $130 an hour(two hour minimum) + $12 equipment fee + $15 added insurance.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447034783.423782.jpgfinally made it

Back
Top Bottom