33 gallon tank idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can get a good deal on a 33 gallon 48x12.5x13inch tank. My idea was to turn it into an AIO. I plan on adding a false wall on one end thats about a foot long, leaving me with 3 feet of tank. This would give me room for the overflow section with a media basket, a fuge section, and the return.

Equipment:

Return pump- Rio 8HF rated at 550gph
Powerhead- 2-3 Maxi Jet 400 Pro set to circulation mode rated at 500 gph and placed on the opposite end of the overflow
Heater- 200 watt Hydor Theo
Lighting- Nova Extreme SLR 36" 156 or 78 watt- this is because a foot is taken off the end for the AIO

Livestock plan-
40lbs of Marco rocks and sand and 5lbs of live rock to minimize unwanted hitchhikers
softies, lps, few sps (monti and birdsnest), and possibly a clam
clean up crew from Reef Cleaner with hermits- a very nice place to get CUC
Peppermint, Skunk, and possibly a few sexy shrimp

since it is a 3 foot long tank my fish possibilities:

Yellow or Scopas tang (I'm aware that most people would recommend so and so gallons but what is more important is the length of the tank, i.e. someone can state they have a 50 gallon tank but it turns out its an actual 20 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump, where as I have a 33 gallon tank that is 4 feet long that is about the same length as some recommended 50-70 gallon tanks)

Goby and shirmp combo- I like the yellow prawn

and possibly a pair of clowns and firefishes.

It sounds pretty stocked right now but I feel like I can get it to work. Any thoughts?

Other than the tang sounds good i suppose. Even four feet is supposed to be too small for them. I bought my sw tank with the one intention of having a tang but its too small at 55g.

The clowns and the goby sound great!

Back
Top Bottom