Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-31-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Gonna have MTS (multiple tank syndrome ) from the start, eh?

What part of the country you hailing from anyway? Maybe someone in your area might be able to give a hand.

Anyway, you got some time to do some thinking and planning. That's a good thing.

Good luck.

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:14 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Welcome to AA

liveaquaria.com’s nano fish section would be a good start trying to stick with 3-6 of these smaller fish depending on size and trying to stick to a total adult length of 6”-8” for the start and once your tank matures (6+ months) consider adding one or two more smaller fish.

Is your 33 gal tank going to be “reef ready” meaning it has built in overflows? If you haven’t bought it already I would highly consider one with built in overflows which would make adding a sump much easier.

Especially since you’re in a wheelchair and access to the tank will be limited. You could do all your pwc from the sump below the tank and with a good clean up crew (hermits/snails/shrimp) your in-tank maintenance would be minimal.

Since you’re new to keeping a SW tank then checkout my ”Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank” post that has all the equipment listed that you will need and maintenance tips to help you enjoy your SW tank. It’s a long read but will help answer all the basic questions.

More helpful info:

If looking for cheap live rock checkout intmarinefish.com which has lr for as little as $3-$4 per lb shipped.

Couple of more places with quality lr:

For base rock checkout www.hirocks.com

Great post on feeding requirements of SW fish.

For formatting images/text/links checkout the BBCode Guide

Filling out your button by updating your button (scroll about half way) will help provide the necessary equipment list and fish/inverts so people can better answer any questions you might have. Also while in the profile screen if you want to see signatures you have to check it as it’s off by default.

Lastly to quickly search the posts you have made I would bookmark your egosearch.

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
Thanks again yall, I'm from burrrrr chilly Fairbanks Alaska. Moved up here 3 years ago, ready to move to WARMER climate, 3 months of summer stinks.

Let me add, yall been really great with the help and all, thats why I'm glad I found this place

checkvalve is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com