35 gallon salt water hexagon tank cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stumpy5151

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I set it up right I stirred up the sand cause I was trying to get it even all over. Then I noticed that the salt levels where high. I added the correct amount of salt. Went to the guy an he game me a power head to get the water to mix better and then it got much more cloudy.

Here is a picture of it as of right now

Attachments

• image-2439321348.jpg
    image-2439321348.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 81
So I can use this filter?

Attachments

• image-1524052840.jpg
    image-1524052840.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 82
You dont need that filter. You just need powerheads.

Is the sand new? was it used before? If you just set it up its normal for it to be cloudy.

Yeah it's a new tank I think I put my power head to close to the sand and it was stirring up the sand?

Where is a good place to put power heads.....I have two of em and I have a 55 gal long

I just pointed it to where most of the pressure was pointed upward from the sand but still enough downward to circulate that water without moving the sand but this is my first tank and I'm not sure if it is gonna work quite yet

I just pointed it to where most of the pressure was pointed upward from the sand but still enough downward to circulate that water without moving the sand but this is my first tank and I'm not sure if it is gonna work quite yet

I have the same tank. Point two power heads in the same direction to get a gyro effect. One is located near the top and the other about 1/3 from the bottom. Point them slightly down but not to the point that it disturbs the sand.

I can only point them left or right ....unless i turn them sideways

Hey guys go it running thanks

Attachments

• image-224435612.jpg
    image-224435612.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom