Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
newbjank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: O-H
Posts: 149
TOTALLY irrelevant but i took a beautiful picture today out of total randomness i cant believe it was this detailed lol check it out

IMAG0093 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0093.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	46228  
__________________

__________________
First ever Saltwater Reef 35gallons!

Live streams down until my lighting schedule is back to normal
newbjank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ricksreef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newport News
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbjank
TOTALLY irrelevant but i took a beautiful picture today out of total randomness i cant believe it was this detailed lol check it out

IMAG0093 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Nice picture,always loved the mantis,except the part where the female eats the male after mating?LOL
__________________

__________________
Ricksreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #123
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
newbjank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: O-H
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

Nice picture,always loved the mantis,except the part where the female eats the male after mating?LOL
Haha yes. My cousin and I were discussing that as it was chillin on the deck lol
__________________
First ever Saltwater Reef 35gallons!

Live streams down until my lighting schedule is back to normal
newbjank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #124
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
newbjank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: O-H
Posts: 149
guys dont be mad me but i bought a green bta off cragislist today, it was in great condition in its original tank it was only one of the things remaining in the tank and i got it for dirt cheap, their are actually 2 anemone heads, after i drip acclimated for 2 hours i put them in the tank .
i have 2 2x cad light running.

i put them close to the top so they could easily access the light and move depending on their light needs.

when i fed the tank, i targeted targeted the 2 heads of the anemones with a decent size freeze-dried krill piece for each.

the clown hasn't really acknowledged the anemone at all. the damsel will swim by it with no problem and the scooter walks around kinda confuzed lol.

came with a nice piece of LR.
the video was taken right after everything settled from the acclimation.
the anemone was a bleached out when he was first in their but his color is starting to come back

‪VIDEO0032‬‏ - YouTube
__________________
First ever Saltwater Reef 35gallons!

Live streams down until my lighting schedule is back to normal
newbjank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #125
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
i used to have a preying mantis as a pet...was the most wicked eater ive ever seen lol. love the picture
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:29 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Heera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbjank
guys dont be mad me but i bought a green bta off cragislist today, it was in great condition in its original tank it was only one of the things remaining in the tank and i got it for dirt cheap, their are actually 2 anemone heads, after i drip acclimated for 2 hours i put them in the tank .
i have 2 2x cad light running.

i put them close to the top so they could easily access the light and move depending on their light needs.

when i fed the tank, i targeted targeted the 2 heads of the anemones with a decent size freeze-dried krill piece for each.

the clown hasn't really acknowledged the anemone at all. the damsel will swim by it with no problem and the scooter walks around kinda confuzed lol.

came with a nice piece of LR.
the video was taken right after everything settled from the acclimation.
the anemone was a bleached out when he was first in their but his color is starting to come back

VIDEO0032 ‏ - YouTube
No reason for us to be mad. We sometimes are but harsh for well being or the animal and their owner.

Anemone looks great but will need more light. Try feeding silver.. Good luck on that. how much was cheap anyways?

I saw too many bubbles on the left of the anemone. Are thy coming from the filter or return. Try to get rid of them if you can.
__________________
"goes around comes around"
Heera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
newbjank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: O-H
Posts: 149
I know right huma? :P
Thanks heera, I thought I was gonna get alot of criticized with going with the anemone so early. I actually payed 10 dollars. Ill throw a better video of him when he wakes up :P
__________________
First ever Saltwater Reef 35gallons!

Live streams down until my lighting schedule is back to normal
newbjank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbjank
I know right huma? :P
Thanks heera, I thought I was gonna get alot of criticized with going with the anemone so early. I actually payed 10 dollars. Ill throw a better video of him when he wakes up :P
Oh wow, that's a nice deal how did that happen?
__________________
30g SW reef (moving)
120g SW reef (55g sump)
ignore my spelling! I'm a science major, not an English major
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
newbjank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: O-H
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn

Oh wow, that's a nice deal how did that happen?
The person was ridding the rank in prep. For a built in wall tank for their house and was just gonna give them to his LFS for free but he said I could have them for the price if I took the 20 mns to drive to his house
__________________
First ever Saltwater Reef 35gallons!

Live streams down until my lighting schedule is back to normal
newbjank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #130
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
newbjank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: O-H
Posts: 149
okay guys got a few videos of the anemone at different angles, ill post them as they finish uploading. Sorry for the shakiness and bad camera shots at time, (was feeding as i was shooting the film)

So i was looking for my peppermint shrimp this morning and i have yet to find him. I only have one cave like fixture of LR he was in yesterday but i cant seem to find him, has anyone had a case of an anemone eating an invert?

‪VIDEO0033‬‏ - YouTube
__________________

__________________
First ever Saltwater Reef 35gallons!

Live streams down until my lighting schedule is back to normal
newbjank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5 gallon, beginner, reef, tall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
building a new reef tank and need help and information!! mississippi Member Introductions 1 07-11-2011 09:23 PM
My 55 Gallon Reef KLehman72 Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase 1 07-04-2011 08:54 PM
Marineland Reef or Double-Bright LED for 50 gallon? Gnarls Gnarlington General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 5 06-29-2011 12:15 AM
possible 55 gallon? allaboutfish Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 78 06-28-2011 05:20 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.