35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol ya sorry about the camera quality, my darn laptop doesnt have a firewire port so i can plug in my hd handheld to sync :( ill end up getting a portable firewire drive here eventually.

SO...
today i woke up to my clown, and coral banded getting at eachother.
The clown was nipping at the shrimps antennae. In defense the shrimp was pinching also and flash his pinchers out. I gave it a bit of time to see if it would blow over but the shrimp continued to get more aggressive. (and nemo was acting a bit brave)
Imo, I think the fish were just too small/young to be housed with the shrimp. He was by far the biggest thing in the tank.

I took him to my LFS to hold him for me until i find out what im going to do with him, i dont wanna get rid of him hes so pretty :(

I started a new 5g nano today, added some LR, and threw some live crushed coral in the filters. Gonna wait a few weeks for that to cycle. Does anyone have suggestions cycling a nano?

Thanks guys.

newbjank said:
lol ya sorry about the camera quality, my darn laptop doesnt have a firewire port so i can plug in my hd handheld to sync :( ill end up getting a portable firewire drive here eventually.

SO...
today i woke up to my clown, and coral banded getting at eachother.
The clown was nipping at the shrimps antennae. In defense the shrimp was pinching also and flash his pinchers out. I gave it a bit of time to see if it would blow over but the shrimp continued to get more aggressive. (and nemo was acting a bit brave)
Imo, I think the fish were just too small/young to be housed with the shrimp. He was by far the biggest thing in the tank.

I took him to my LFS to hold him for me until i find out what im going to do with him, i dont wanna get rid of him hes so pretty :(

I started a new 5g nano today, added some LR, and threw some live crushed coral in the filters. Gonna wait a few weeks for that to cycle. Does anyone have suggestions cycling a nano?

Thanks guys.

Check out the Golden Coral banded shrimp.They are aggressive like the regular coral banded one's.

Online it says that they are peaceful towards everything except their own kind. Maybe it's the clownfish that's a bully

I thought that also but the clowns totally passive towards my other fish.. even when the scooter is on top of the rock foraging the clown doesn't bother him.

Maybe the clown was just intimidated :(

could i put a coral banded in a 5g nano or would that be too much ?

get back to me

thanks

I wouldn't since they get to be almost 3inches and about 6 with antennas. Leave it in your current tank, and monitor them in case something happens. I think they'll get used to each other soon.

okay.
does anyone have any suggestions stocking a 5g nano. i was just gonna do 1 nano fish and rest invertebrates, possibly some corals down the road.

Okay. I think I'm going to try to reacclimate the coral shrimp here in a few weeks. I really want it back in the tank. But not at the cost of my little fishies lol

close up pic of the pep shrimp :)

Attachments

• IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom