35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay. I will now since Ive seen all the negative feedback on it but just if you guys were curious here are the 2 that were in my sump

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110801_182306.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110801_182306.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 205
Okay guys. I've figured the final stocking list including the current stock I have.
1 reg. Oscellaris clown - currently stocked
1 blk/white oscellaris
1 yellow tail damsel - Currently stocked
1 black and white chromis
1 scooter blenny - currently stocked
And possibly a watchman goby
Whatchya think?

not sure specifically about the yellow tail, but damsels are usually bullies.. the scooter blenny is a very hit or miss fish...id personally hold off for at least a few months and let your tank get well established..everything else i think is good:)

Deffinitly not stocking anymore for awhile. But the damsel seems very docile and passive well just have to see later on down the road.
thanks huma

How do u feel about the 3 green axil chromis. My chromis also schools with them.
A royal gramma in place of scooter instead?? It will add nice color to ur tank.

Damsel gotta go sooner or later.:(

The green chromis is pretty for sure. I already have a scooter and he eats like a pig hopefully he stays healthy . It might just be my newbieness but I really have faith in my current damsel to continue to be friendly. She's living with the clown and blenny without any problems. Hopefully this won't change thanks heera

Yeah I hate how people discriminate all fishes to be the same. MOST may be bad tempered but doesn't mean they all will be, I'd keep it and see how it goes

Yeah I hate how people discriminate all fishes to be the same. MOST may be bad tempered but doesn't mean they all will be, I'd keep it and see how it goes

Thanks paul,I really hope she can stay with me shes beautiful

newbjank said:
The green chromis is pretty for sure. I already have a scooter and he eats like a pig hopefully he stays healthy . It might just be my newbieness but I really have faith in my current damsel to continue to be friendly. She's living with the clown and blenny without any problems. Hopefully this won't change thanks heera

Oh I thought u were getting a scooter.
You have it so enjoy

Update

updated and better quality video.
The osc. clown has finally came out of his shell and swims around the tank happily.
The damsel seems to still be happy and passive, they are competely compatible even when i feed them.
The blenny is in great shape and got crazy excited when i whipped out the camera lol

‪VIDEO0028‬‏ - YouTube

‪VIDEO0027‬‏ - YouTube

enjoy!

newbjank said:
VIDEO0025 ‏ - YouTube

the blenny pops out in the bottom right corner :p

I put my bubblers in my sump to keep the water more oxygenated. < Im figuring that cant hurt it? comment on that please

appreciate it all.

LOL glad Carey brought that up cuz while reading all this I was like "why in the world is there a bubbler in there? is this THE new thing?!?!"

Never seen bubblers in SW and didnt think u need one ;) GLAD U TOOK IT OUT

BTW try different food for ur clown fish. Some are just picky.

I was gonna make a LR structure volcano like in finiding nemo. Since it wont benefit the water I see no purpose of them :p

Video look good! Fish seem happy and adjusted.

Your scooter is way cute, it's like watching my tank! LOL Is he eating well? He looks a little thin on the belly when he swims up.....mine was pretty much emaciated when I got him and I've managed to plump him up quite a bit. You got really lucky with him eating prepared foods, wish mine had been that easy. LOL

carey said:
Video look good! Fish seem happy and adjusted.

Your scooter is way cute, it's like watching my tank! LOL Is he eating well? He looks a little thin on the belly when he swims up.....mine was pretty much emaciated when I got him and I've managed to plump him up quite a bit. You got really lucky with him eating prepared foods, wish mine had been that easy. LOL

Carey thanks for the reply. I noticed the same thing about the blenny but I've been target feeding him to make sure he gets an ample amount. Ill keep an extremely close eye one him for now. Thanks guys

Carey thanks for the reply. I noticed the same thing about the blenny but I've been target feeding him to make sure he gets an ample amount. Ill keep an extremely close eye one him for now. Thanks guys

Not to be a nudge, but the scooter is technically a dragonet, not a blenny.

:-D

Good information to have, someone eventually will call you out when saying blenny. LOL

carey said:
Not to be a nudge, but the scooter is technically a dragonet, not a blenny.

:-D

Good information to have, someone eventually will call you out when saying blenny. LOL

Oh excuse me :p dragonet

So I'm guessing dragonets are confused for a couple different species huh :)

Back
Top Bottom