35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ricksreef said:
Nice picture,always loved the mantis,except the part where the female eats the male after mating?LOL

Haha yes. My cousin and I were discussing that as it was chillin on the deck lol

guys dont be mad me but i bought a green bta off cragislist today, it was in great condition in its original tank it was only one of the things remaining in the tank and i got it for dirt cheap, their are actually 2 anemone heads, after i drip acclimated for 2 hours i put them in the tank .
i have 2 2x cad light running.

i put them close to the top so they could easily access the light and move depending on their light needs.

when i fed the tank, i targeted targeted the 2 heads of the anemones with a decent size freeze-dried krill piece for each.

the clown hasn't really acknowledged the anemone at all. the damsel will swim by it with no problem and the scooter walks around kinda confuzed lol.

came with a nice piece of LR.
the video was taken right after everything settled from the acclimation.
the anemone was a bleached out when he was first in their but his color is starting to come back

‪VIDEO0032‬‏ - YouTube

i used to have a preying mantis as a pet...was the most wicked eater ive ever seen lol. love the picture

newbjank said:
guys dont be mad me but i bought a green bta off cragislist today, it was in great condition in its original tank it was only one of the things remaining in the tank and i got it for dirt cheap, their are actually 2 anemone heads, after i drip acclimated for 2 hours i put them in the tank .
i have 2 2x cad light running.

i put them close to the top so they could easily access the light and move depending on their light needs.

when i fed the tank, i targeted targeted the 2 heads of the anemones with a decent size freeze-dried krill piece for each.

the clown hasn't really acknowledged the anemone at all. the damsel will swim by it with no problem and the scooter walks around kinda confuzed lol.

came with a nice piece of LR.
the video was taken right after everything settled from the acclimation.
the anemone was a bleached out when he was first in their but his color is starting to come back

VIDEO0032 ‏ - YouTube

No reason for us to be mad. We sometimes are but harsh for well being or the animal and their owner.

Anemone looks great but will need more light. Try feeding silver.. Good luck on that.:) how much was cheap anyways?

I saw too many bubbles on the left of the anemone. Are thy coming from the filter or return. Try to get rid of them if you can.

I know right huma? :p
Thanks heera, I thought I was gonna get alot of criticized with going with the anemone so early. I actually payed 10 dollars. Ill throw a better video of him when he wakes up :p

newbjank said:
I know right huma? :p
Thanks heera, I thought I was gonna get alot of criticized with going with the anemone so early. I actually payed 10 dollars. Ill throw a better video of him when he wakes up :p

Oh wow, that's a nice deal :) how did that happen?

Unicorn said:
Oh wow, that's a nice deal :) how did that happen?

The person was ridding the rank in prep. For a built in wall tank for their house and was just gonna give them to his LFS for free but he said I could have them for the price if I took the 20 mns to drive to his house

okay guys got a few videos of the anemone at different angles, ill post them as they finish uploading. Sorry for the shakiness and bad camera shots at time, (was feeding as i was shooting the film)

So i was looking for my peppermint shrimp this morning and i have yet to find him. I only have one cave like fixture of LR he was in yesterday but i cant seem to find him, has anyone had a case of an anemone eating an invert?

‪VIDEO0033‬‏ - YouTube

I feed my anemone either silversides, leftover brine shrimp that I give the eel, or catch a small minnow from the ocean live and give it to him.

I feed my anemone either silversides, leftover brine shrimp that I give the eel, or catch a small minnow from the ocean live and give it to him.

I dont have the luxury of hittin the ocean up for some fish food :p but i cant do the brine shrimp ;)

Guys unfortunate news today... I got home from work and the anemones was almost completely limp. I rushed it to my LFS to save/ diagnose the anemones. I had them test my water and got 0>0>6. Only a nitrate off of my reading.
I did a 10% pwc less than a week before I got them. They're going to hold them for me until I get my nitrate completely down but they were a bit confused aslo on how bad it looked so quickly. Salinity .24. Temp 79.
My theory of the anemone eating the shrimp and by doing this it stressed it self to much, is out the window. (Found the little fella molting in his little cave. Thank goodness but I'm terrified for the anemone. Please help !

slitherbomb said:
Maybe insufficient lighting? What are the phosphates in the water?

I had 0.4 phos. Before my 10% change and usually that will do the trick to even out my levels. I have 2 2x 10k t5 cadlights. :(

Back
Top Bottom