35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay.
How do you guys think 1 damsel 2 osc. Clowns a cleaner shrimp and a clean up crew would do in my 35g

I think there will be a battle royalle and one fish will survive. Unless the clowns are a pair. Check out gobies or blennies for a small tank. They are more interesting species anyway.

I have a mean clown that was alone in a small tank. I put him in my 33 with a coral beauty, and the beauty has nipped off his top fin. Getting the tanks established in a new office to put him back in solitary.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Carey. How about both a blennie and a goby their both pretty adorable

I think you could get both a goby and a blenny. :) And of course your two clowns. Plus you can add some shrimp and other inverts too.

Hope that helps.

There are sooo many blenny's I wish I could have them all! LOL
The midas and the lawnmower are my favorites. Gobies are great too, I have a yellow watchman who hides all the time and a pink spotted one that chills on the sandbed all day.

Go with a goby & shrimp combo.

Adding a royal gramma will add a splash of color to ur tank. (see mine. Love it)

Attachments

• image-3629234886.jpg
    image-3629234886.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 225
If you get the goby/shrimp combo make sure they are a bonded pair and you will have tons of enjoyment from them.

Updated pic. More dry rock and some rearrangement.
Damsels are doing great. I've targeted the aggressor of the 2 and I've decided I'm going to keep the more passive one.
Like always send advice.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110727_233111.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_233111.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 249
Closer up view. Enjoy

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110727_235327.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_235327.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 248
Hey heera, my water levels are almost perfect 0amm 0trites and I was almost at 5 trates but had a little spike yesterday but did a pwc and I think that fixed it. Salinity. 25.

Ok guys I'm a little concerned... after putting that dry rock in my water seem to turn a tint of yellow. My fish seem as healthy as they've been but I'm a bit scared help me out ill get a pic up when I get home

Okay guys ..
I have a 5 gallon tank just sitting in my room laying to waste. Ive had ideas for hospital tank but I wouldn't know how to properly set it up. I have a standard hob 5g filter with it. Would that be all the filtration I need? Get back to me. thanks

If you run that filter on the hospital tank, I'd use just filter floss...don't use any carbon or the such, it'll bullify the meds you dose the tank with

To set up a QT/hospital tank here's what i do i run two HOB's on my DT The smaller one is used for the QT it's kept filled with poly-fill so it can hold a good sized Bacti-base fill the QT with water from the main tank put the small hob on, put some pieces of PVC in so the fish have place to hide as this will help lower stress,
run the QT bare bottomed easy to clean later. you will get a small AMO spike after 2-3 days so be ready to change a little water.
After your done with the QT clean everything with vinegar and fresh water Toss the old ploy-fill repack the HOB and put it back on the main tank to ready it for the next time.
this method has worked for the past 11 years for me with no problems. oh get the poly-fill from a craft store much less costly A big bag cost 5-6 bucks and last yrs. One more thing (sry) If you keep the QT full it wont be long before it becomes a Display tank lol

Ok guys I'm a little concerned... after putting that dry rock in my water seem to turn a tint of yellow. My fish seem as healthy as they've been but I'm a bit scared help me out.

it will clear up did you soak it before you put it into the tank sometimes it has a chalky film to it

Back
Top Bottom