35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cleaned them in scolding hot tap water then soaked them in some RO water before i put them in the tank.

it will clear up did you soak it before you put it into the tank sometimes it has a chalky film to it

I replaced my cartridge filter in my hob standard filter, i did this to hopefully clear up the tank water, i put the previous filter cartridge in my sump to keep all that good bacteria cycling in my tank.
hopefully that will help clear it up.

HUGE UPDATE little fish :)

So today the aggresive damsel went home and i picked up a ocellaris clown, if i had any doubts about entering this hobby before, they are now gone :) :)

Drip acclimated for an hour exactly.

Its generic but his name is nemo :p when he entered the main tank almost immediately he "claimed" the large piece of my active LR he just seems to hover around it not expanding out using the whole tank. Id assume hes a just a bit frightened and is scoping everything out! he looks great! i requested he/she to bed at the fish store and it jumped right on the formula one, a phew hours after getting him home i fed both the clown and the damsel blood-worms and they had no problems sharing.

Oh ya, about the damsel :p My intuition was correct on my damsel being compatible with my osc. clown! the previous damsel i had was far dominate and aggressive to the one i currently have, i figured since clowns have a confident personality and my damsel wasn't to outspoken it would go well. Fortunately. it did :) :) :) :) They seem to enjoy each-others company actually. I find the damsel swimming along the clown by his rock. They both seem competely undisturbed.

Could someone tell me what kind of algae im seeing on my over flow and outtake powerhead?

Here's my videos, pretty good quality videos. Enjoy, comment :)

This was literally right as i fully acclimated him to the tank! amazing!!
‪VIDEO0023‬‏ - YouTube
Starting to get more comfortable with the tank!
‪VIDEO0024‬‏ - YouTube

Attachments

• IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 165
Im not getting frustrated but possibly a bit concerned, im probably overthinking it but i might aswell ask. nemos not wanting to go a few inches from the rock, should i be concerned? please get back to me asap

comments on the tank appreciated

bump bump bump :)

i need gratification and information people come on :p

Looks good. He's just a bit skittish and should settle in within a few days just watch him closely for any signs of trouble.

Just watch him but should be fine. Add another smaller or larger clownfish. Make a pair you will love it.
As for the algae. It's natural. Just scrub it off it should go away in a month.

Tip: when feeding frozen/fresh food, thaw it out using tank water. Than drain the water using net or something, and feed.
( water is full of phosphates, will cause algae bloom)

Im not getting frustrated but possibly a bit concerned, im probably overthinking it but i might aswell ask. nemos not wanting to go a few inches from the rock, should i be concerned? please get back to me asap

comments on the tank appreciated

Dont worry he will explore the tank after lights out just keep in mind that clowns are damsels so they may scrap a bit till they both learn there place.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help and info.

Scooooooter blennnyy :)

I let my guard down when i went to my fishy store and i came home with a beautiful scooter blenny.

Pictures and a video will of course be up soon :)

stay tuned!

Wooo Blenny

Sorry for the video quality I didnt know the Iphone 4 camera was such low quality.

‪IMG 0071‬‏ - YouTube

Wooo! He's cute, healthy, and eating well :) he's my one blenny clean up crew :p He gets all the food that my damsel and clown dont catch on the way down!

No more fish for me for awhile, need to let my wet/dry adjust to the blenny.

Ill get some more detailed pictures on here asap

comments and question appreciated.

Nori is roasted seaweed get the unseasoned stuff it used to make sushi I feed it to all my fish as a treat

okay thanks, do you know if any retail pet stores carry it?

Introducing Scooter Pippen !! haha

Hes a cutie but he blends in perfectly with the sand/gravel and LR :p

Attachments

• IMG_8607.jpg
    IMG_8607.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 156
Back
Top Bottom