360 gallon FOWLR build!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say that you could get two large angels and maybe three dwarf or Pygmy angels. A lot will depend on the fish and their temperaments, which is random. That is kinda my goal with my 240. There needs to be plenty of rock and holes/caves.

I'm going to try for some kind of Pomacanthus (blue face, Emp, Annularis) and either a Queen or a Scribbled for the large and for the dwarfs, I have no idea...too many to choose from. Probably an Eibli, Potters and maybe a Singapore. The Annularis and Scribbled are being captive bred now, so I think I will try for that .

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love the scribbled but the price tag on then just scares me yet... Ok I had some time and this is what I was thinking stocking. I know I'm haven't even started setting the tank up but here's some ideas.
1- blue face angel
1- queen angel
1 raccoon butterfly
1 desjardini sail fin tang
1 Pakistan butterfly
2 sand sifting gobies
1 harlequin tusk
1 maroon clownfish
1 Ebli dwarf angel
1 dwarf flam angel
1 coral beauty angel
1 kole yellow eye tang
1 yellow tang
1 fox face lo
5 lyre tail anthias

I'm sure there is plenty of problems with this list and its probably overstocked but I'm just trying to get some ideas and how much is too much for this size of tank! So please help! I'm open to suggestions and ideas!

It would depend on the size of these fish. Personally, I would never put 20 fish that will get huge in a 6 or 8 foot tank. I'm a fan of being able to keep fish until adulthood.

Yeah...you've got a lot of big fish on there and once they all get full size, it's gonna get cramped. That will take a while, but they won't stay little like most will probably be when you get them.

My thoughts...butterflies are notoriously difficult, so I've given up on them. I'd save space and cross them off. I'd maybe drop one of the Tangs. The Desjardinni are gorgeous when they are full grown...I'd probably drop the Kole. Maroon Clowns can become mean, especially when they get big. The Foxface will get big, you just don't usually see them full size at the LFS (not good or bad, just saying). IMO, the Tusk and Angels stay. The little school of Anthias would look good, maybe three though?

I agree o the concept of keeping fish till adulthood. I was really just throwing I big list of fish I would like to do. So scrap the coral beauty, Pakistan butterfly, fox face lo, maroon clownfish, and queen angel. And does that leave me space? Or would I still be really cramped?

And the desjardini sail fins are my absolute favorite tang, that is my favorite marine fish! Also if I gave up one of the large Angels, wouldn't that open up some space?

Yes, they do get massive. It sounds like you are on the right track. I would add fish one at a time over a period of months. I think you'll know yourself when it's time to stop adding. You'll be able to see their individual behavior and can get a better idea of what's in store for you/them down the road.

I think that could work. The Racoon Butterfly is one of the hardier Butterflys. I've heard Pyramids are too. I'd probably make that one of the first, as you want less stress for a more delicate fish.

Here's my old Desjardini. When it spread it's fins, it was probably 13-14" top to bottom. Spectacular patterns.

I completely understand the slowly adding process. I'm going to set up my quarantine soon and maybe pick up some of the more delicate/less aggressive smaller fish and start growing them out. Now I know cleaner shrimp are out of the picture because of the tusk, but could I do cleaner gobies? Or a cleaner wrasse? And that sail fin is beautiful!!!!!! It just makes me more impatience about wanting this tank started!

In many cases cleaner wrasses only eat parasites and starve to death without them. If you decide on one, make sure you see it eating prepared foods at the store before you buy it.

Back
Top Bottom